NMSA Updates

It was just added as an open (ripped off my YT video, but whatever...).

I don't know if it really is Turn to News or not, it sure sounds like it could be. If SouthernMedia (or anyone else) could help out that would be great.

• 4 months later...

SouthernMedia updated their news themes of The Spirit of Texas.

1. Custom WFAA-TV News Package - 2:59 (http://www.southernmedia-nmsa.com/audioplayer.php?media=theme,1359)

2. The Spirit - 6:38 (http://www.southernmedia-nmsa.com/audioplayer.php?media=theme,128)

3. Daybreak - - 3:03 - (http://www.southernmedia-nmsa.com/audioplayer.php?media=theme,1360)

1. Custom WFAA-TV News Package - 2:59 (http://www.southernmedia-nmsa.com/audioplayer.php?media=theme,1359)

2. The Spirit - 6:38 (http://www.southernmedia-nmsa.com/audioplayer.php?media=theme,128)

3. Daybreak - - 3:03 - (http://www.southernmedia-nmsa.com/audioplayer.php?media=theme,1360)

Oh the FOND memories this brings back! ;D Thank you for posting this!

Jus my $0.02 - I think number one should be renamed The Spirit v2. I would love to see another small- to medium-market station recommission this theme. This is too good of music just to let it die with KOTV/Tulsa. One of my all-time favorite cuts would be from the Custom Package. It's the cut that starts at 2:28 until the end. I remember the wonderful days when WFAA used this particular theme of cuts within this package as the late theme for the Update. For a way-too-short while they used one particular cut for the weather pre-break tease with tamborines in the background with just a lone piano playing the melody, and that's it. An excellent piece of music!

Oh the FOND memories this brings back! ;D Thank you for posting this!

Jus my $0.02 - I think number one should be renamed The Spirit v2. ...

Actually, the reason the first one is called "Custom WFAA-TV News Package" is because when you search the SESAC Repertory online, under Arnold's writer's credit you'll find a typo on SESAC's part: "Custom WFRA-TV [sic] News Music Package." First, WFRA is a radio station (no TV calls assigned), and second, a hand-written R can look like an A if the publishing forms from several years ago were hand written vs. submitted online, thus the listing should read the "Custom WFAA-TV News Music Package."

The little bitch doesn't believe KTVK uses Jim and Howard News Theme. Asshole.

Actually, bumps don't count, as per the FAQ page.

Then WTKR's entry for the "Communique" production piece should not be there, AFAIK, it was only used for bumpers (there was a video on YouTube using it for a bumper).

Remind me never to start a site like southernmedia's. I don't know if I could take all the stupid flak for providing such a neat service.

There's a difference between taking flak and being a douche bag about it. The aforementioned person is not really a people person. ::)

Remind me never to start a site like southernmedia's. I don't know if I could take all the stupid flak for providing such a neat service.

There's a difference between taking flak and being a douche bag about it. The aforementioned person is not really a people person. ::)

It seems like about twice a year a thread turns into "bash the southernmedia nmsa guy" because he doesn't bow down to me and worship me like everyone else does because I'm a badass and you should know it.

Am I a nice guy? To most people. Am I rude to some? Yes.

I have one particular "fan" who e-mails me about once a month asking if I've found any new image campaigns for W*** station (I can't remember what his favorite station is, but it changes every three or four months). He doesn't use complete sentences, most words are mispelled, and trying to diagram his sentences would probably cause dilerium to set in.

Now, for about 4 or 5 times I responded, but what does he expect me to say? "Yes I do have them! I love listening to them all the time! I have 73 of them and you will never hear any of them because I want you to keep e-mailing me and bugging me!!!!"

Uh, no. I think that would be the incorrect response. Instead, I just ignore him and he forgets about it until next month. Maybe he goes back and reads one of my prize responses and feels that the SouthernMedia guy has paid him the time of day once, so let's revel in that.

Another reason some find me abrasive is because I don't like to take things ultra-seriously, rather a good dose of sarcasm can do the body good. Maybe it doesn't come across in the written form as effectively as it does verbally where I'm able to inflect more.

Or perhaps it's just more fun to think I'm a mean person. Damn! Those mean person lessons just weren't as effective as I thought they would be because not everyone thinks I'm a jerk! Do I smell refund?

Thanks for reading. Let's pick this up in February again, but maybe next time we'll have some more folks pile on. It's way more fun that way, right everyone!!??!!?

It seems like about twice a year a thread turns into "bash the southernmedia nmsa guy" because he doesn't bow down to me and worship me like everyone else does because I'm a badass and you should know it.

Am I a nice guy? To most people. Am I rude to some? Yes.

I have one particular "fan" who e-mails me about once a month asking if I've found any new image campaigns for W*** station (I can't remember what his favorite station is, but it changes every three or four months). He doesn't use complete sentences, most words are mispelled, and trying to diagram his sentences would probably cause dilerium to set in.

Now, for about 4 or 5 times I responded, but what does he expect me to say? "Yes I do have them! I love listening to them all the time! I have 73 of them and you will never hear any of them because I want you to keep e-mailing me and bugging me!!!!"

Uh, no. I think that would be the incorrect response. Instead, I just ignore him and he forgets about it until next month. Maybe he goes back and reads one of my prize responses and feels that the SouthernMedia guy has paid him the time of day once, so let's revel in that.

Another reason some find me abrasive is because I don't like to take things ultra-seriously, rather a good dose of sarcasm can do the body good. Maybe it doesn't come across in the written form as effectively as it does verbally where I'm able to inflect more.

Or perhaps it's just more fun to think I'm a mean person. Damn! Those mean person lessons just weren't as effective as I thought they would be because not everyone thinks I'm a jerk! Do I smell refund?

Thanks for reading. Let's pick this up in February again, but maybe next time we'll have some more folks pile on. It's way more fun that way, right everyone!!??!!?

Well, the fact that you have had the mods "censor" your name once or twice tells me the kind of self-important person that you are. Just because you have a shitty design business (you could take a few lessons from Tony Spaeth, to be sure) and do God-knows-what for Vanderbilt? Who gives a crap?

I like the site. I visit it, and I contribute. That doesn't mean that I have to agree with you or your tyrannical policies. As for the aforementioned "W*** image campaign fan," what's so hard about saying "Sorry, nothing lately!" once a month? Jesus, you can't be that busy. If you are, I suggest you re-evaluate your priorities.

Sincerely,

Ethel

Well, the fact that you have had the mods "censor" your name once or twice tells me the kind of self-important person that you are. Just because you have a shitty design business (you could take a few lessons from Tony Spaeth, to be sure) and do God-knows-what for Vanderbilt? Who gives a crap?

I like the site. I visit it, and I contribute. That doesn't mean that I have to agree with you or your tyrannical policies. As for the aforementioned "W*** image campaign fan," what's so hard about saying "Sorry, nothing lately!" once a month? Jesus, you can't be that busy. If you are, I suggest you re-evaluate your priorities.

Sincerely,

Ethel

Oh my... I'm just so misunderstood. Pity party at my house tonight. Now, let's take these issue one by one so no one gets confused. I wouldn't want to irritate anyone any more by actually being complicated.

Favorite words above: self-important, tyrannical, aforementioned. Wow! Big words! I bet you'll at least break 1000 on your SAT!

(Aside: I just love making tyrannical policies. Next week I think I'll implement one where you have to slaughter a goat, drink its blood, and then burn it in an offering to me before you're allowed to play the first news theme. Great idea... too bad this hasn't been required since the beginning.)

Now, if I thought I was the shit and wanted priase from everyone, I'd be telling everyone everything about me. The fact that I'd prefer some privacy as far as my name, where I live, what I do, etc. should be a major hint that I'm not in it for the glory. I don't know who most people are that visit the site or slam me on this board, and quite honestly, I don't care.

I've always found it interesting how people will try and degrade you by talking out of their ass. I'll admit: I can't do that, but congrats to all of you who can! Um, I don't do identity work (i.e., I don't need Tony Spaeth), so you know, that one just doesn't make any sense. Gee, thought you could do better.

As far as "God-knows-what for Vanderbilt"... How is that relevent to how I'm the biggest jerk in the world? Oh, wait, I bet you think it strokes my ego! That's it! Now I understand. Thanks for clearing that up.

But what's better is that you probably don't know what I do for Vanderbilt. The fact that I have several colleges/universities as clients of mine should be a major clue. You know what that clue is? Answer: I'm the biggest loser in the world. Man, I should have just gotten on wellfare rather than trying to be successful.

Finally, the W*** guy. The kid is probably mentally challenged, and that's one group of people I don't feel like insulting or antagonizing because that would really be sad. Rather than keep responding, ignoring the issue is more effective. After the first times I responsed, I would get another e-mail asking me if I could go find some image promos for the guy to listen to. What?!?!!

My priorities: I actually did re-evaluate them and decided that you needed an assbeating right here in public. Therefore, I think this response will do. As I've said before, I actually like reading the slam posts because I can see how the hatred for me (whom the previous poster has never met) is just boiling up inside. Thanks for being a hero and bashing the big bad SouthernMedia guy on the board. Way to take a stand! Strange how no one has ever had the guts to e-mail me out right and tell me how awful I am, rather it's always on a bulletin board where the "offended" feels safe and empowered by having a gang of like-minded angry folks ready to step in and fight the good fight.

Oh, and as far as that Jesus guy. Yeah, he's pretty cool. I like him a lot. Too bad you're so flippant with issues like that.

Now let me be honest here for a minute:

The fact that you have to write a whole goddamn story about how you're not "self-important" speaks volumes as to why some percieve you as a jerk.

Now I don't know you (or any others here for that matter) personally, but I have had a couple run-ins with you online in the past and I can see why some people have a problem with you.

It's a Catch 22: either I explain myself at length to "defend" my actions and get criticized for doing so, or I don't, and the impression that I hate everyone in this world persists. I'd rather speak for myself rather than letting others speak for me.

The reason I have "run-ins" with people is because I have established a set of guidelines (some published, others not), and when people either don't read the "rules" (which are on the FAQ page and all over the New Submission form) or don't want to abide by them, I get fussed at... and I'm tyranical, or I'm mean, or I'm a jerk, or I think I'm better than everyone, or... you get the idea.

I could explain exactly what happened behind the scenes as to why the KTVK-info person called me names (since I didn't post one of his submissions and since he didn't explain himself well enough or read the FAQ page), and then I could explain other things, but the bottom line is that if I have to be perceived as a jerk for upholding certain standards on my website, then I'd rather be a jerk. Go back and read one of my few posts here that explains that I created the NMSA to get all the info in one place and to try and get it correct to the best of my ability.

The only reason I continue to administer the site is because if I turn it over to someone else, we'll get crap like "The Spirit" by SAM being called "The Spirit of Texas." We'll also get things like "Enforcer V.2" to mean the WUSA theme, etc. These are just not correct.

In the past 24 hours I've had two people send me opens with themes they didn't recognize: one was Catch 5, the other FOX O&O by OSI. I IDed both, responded to them, and will post them soon; the responses from them were effectively, Thanks for letting me know the name, glad you'll post it. The difference is that these people asked for some help rather than ramming their opinion down my throat.

Look, if you don't like me, that's fine. But when some make their post personal (i.e., my "design business" which I don't have) and others tell me to get over myself just try and get the last word out of spite, it seems juvenile and pointless. If bashing me on a public board is fun, then start an "I hate SouthernMedia" thread and have at it... or better yet, register a domain name.

Get your kicks however you can.

Although, it would be a nice change every once and a while to see the moderators step in and get a topic back on track. While I recognize that I tend to be a lightening rod by making an appearance to clear up a question about the Custom WFAA package, when did calling me a little bitch and an asshole become appropriate for the board? The moderators should have deleted the post, locked the topic, or made a post to get it back on track. Some help guys, sure would be nice.

I think I understand it all now! The "SouthernMedia Guy" is a jerk to some people because he upholds the standards he set for his site.

Instead of getting pissy that the "SouthernMedia Guy" oughta this or oughta that, it seems better to appreciate what it is, which is pretty good.

jim

I get extremely upset when these threads pop up once in awhile. I don't know where anyone comes off attacking the webmaster of the NMSA over ANYTHING. And you wonder why he or I can be assholes here and there? It's things like this that are disgusting.

I think a lot of the comments are motivated by some sort of jealousy. You're not adequate enough to create a service or offer anything at all to society yourself, so you knock what other people provide for you. For free. It costs us, it costs the NMSA... none of that cost is ever passed on to you. If it was, you'd bitch. Rightly so. Then maybe it would make more sense to complain about a service you are recieving. If I didn't like something I paid for, I'd be upset.

What hurts most is that I know the people who have attacked the webmaster of the NMSA in this thread. I don't know what made them say the things they did, but I'm disgusted by it... and I think maybe it's time action is taken about it.

Archived