THE WORST NEWS TEAMS IN AMERICA

cbs2idiots

Kristine Johnson and Chris Wragge WCBS

Karen Hepp and Dick Brennan WNYW

Dari Alexander and Rick Folbaum WNYW

Mike Gilliam and Lynda Lopez WWOR

Dari Alexander is the worst...I hate the way how she stares in the camera like a deer caught in head lights.

I am at a loss for words as to why KDFW simply refuses to pair longtime anchor Clarice Tinsley up with someone better than Baron James.

I've said it before, I'll say it again: Clarice Tinsley and Shawn Rabb would be just the ticket to make KDFW a serious ratings contender against KXAS and WFAA.

Why KDFW refuses to see this is beyond me.

i'll reserve comment on any of the Houston market anchor teams...mostly because there's been a bit of anchor shifting with Jerome leaving 11 and going to 2...now Lisa Foronda is leaving 11...etc...so anyone with any opinions for Houston please post if possible...

however, to the east of Houston in Beaumont we have 1 new anchor team that's already headed for doom...

and for those of you who are familiar with the Beaumont market....say it with me....altogether now....

K--B--T--V------NBC 4

they have (save for 2) some of the worst anchors and reporters. worst anchor TEAM would be the newly formed Jim Walker and Nerissa Knight. nothing against the two personally, but they just don't click together. i have a hard time watching them without getting queasy. Nerissa has this thing about getting wide-eyed while reading the news that gets kinda annoying after a while.

and for those of you who are familiar with the Beaumont market....say it with me....altogether now....

K--B--T--V------NBC 4

they have (save for 2) some of the worst anchors and reporters. worst anchor TEAM would be the newly formed Jim Walker and Nerissa Knight. nothing against the two personally, but they just don't click together. i have a hard time watching them without getting queasy. Nerissa has this thing about getting wide-eyed while reading the news that gets kinda annoying after a while.

Wait... They actually HAVE A TEAM? :) At the rate they go through people, it's really hard to keep up with who's in and out. I can tell you the last time I actually liked just about anything regarding the station was in the late 90's when they were still KJAC/News 4 Texas. Larry Roberts & Jenifer Gordy were pretty good, the set was pretty good... really everything was from what I remember. Morning show was a bit bland, but still...

Then they moved into a mall!

BTW, what happened to Erik Salna from KBMT? I remember they made a big deal and a number of promos for his arrival in 2001 but his info isn't on their website these days.

Here locally, the only one that comes to mind is the weekend morning team of Aditi Roy and John Blunt at WCAU. Blunt is way way way way way past his prime, while Roy has the personality of a cardboard cutout...and the physique of one for that matter.

K--B--T--V------NBC 4

Wait... They actually HAVE A TEAM? ;) At the rate they go through people, it's really hard to keep up with who's in and out. I can tell you the last time I actually liked just about anything regarding the station was in the late 90's when they were still KJAC/News 4 Texas. Larry Roberts & Jenifer Gordy were pretty good, the set was pretty good... really everything was from what I remember. Morning show was a bit bland, but still...

Then they moved into a mall!

BTW, what happened to Erik Salna from KBMT? I remember they made a big deal and a number of promos for his arrival in 2001 but his info isn't on their website these days.

LOL...well, what do you expect from a Nexstar owned station...a high turnover rate is a given.

Jennifer Gordy is now doing commercials for Mike Smith Autoplaza car dealership. The only person still at 4 from the old days is Dana Melancon and his days are probably numbered. They were when Aimee Fuller was there. and Rusty Surette is still there (he's been there a while) but no one watches the morning show anyway so no telling how much longer that'll last

As far as Erik Salna...he was there one day and the next day...*pfft* gone like a *#@# in the wind. he was replaced by Mike Nichols. that was back in 2004. Tracy Kennick (who has tenure at the station...over 10 years now) has been demoted from the 6 and 10pm weekdays to the morning show. She was replaced by Deedra Wilson who was promoted from the 5pm show. Chrissie Mouton came back after an absence of about 10 years. so 12 is on the up and up...new set coming soon too.

The last time i checked with a media friend of mine...at 10pm...it's KFDM CBS 6 at the #1 spot.....KBMT ABC 12 at #2....KVHP/KUIL Fox 29/64 at #3 (and they have no news department), then KBTV (the worst anchored in TEXAS) at #4.

for the Davenport Market.. I'd have to say Marcia Lense, Mike Mickle, Jim Victore, and Erik Maitland (although Erik is one of my favs on that station) They do mornings....which that same team (excluding Jim) did the 5:00 pm news...before the am news..so ..

AGREED!

Archived