John Elliott anchors CBS 2 News at... 12:15am-ish.

qwertywcbs

I wouldn't have brought this up again, but John Elliott just filled in for John Bolaris for the late late news on CBS 2, and he started off bad, and then kept it up. First he was looking for Hazel Sanchez around the weather center after she did piece before him on Houdini. Then when he got through weather and got back to the desk, Dana told him he was too hyper for them, and he said, "I'm used to doing morning television... and I love it!" as he continued to bounce around.

Thank god Dana said something.

John also did weather Friday morning, and probably noon as well (not sure). And he lives in Jersey, so I doubt he commuted home between newscasts, though it is possible. The people who work in the newsroom in the evening must have been going nuts with him bouncing around.

Yes, I think he was on all day. That's kind of weird. They couldn't find anyone else? Then again, who else do they have??

Yeah, they lost Jeff now, and Liz I've never seen on a weekday evening.. (mornings, yes), but I guess they don't want to overpromote her because she is just freelance. They want to promote John because he is new.

The weather department is really going through a rough spot between now and whenever Lonnie Quinn will (if he ever even does) get here.

Archived