KWTV-TV, Oklahoma City set photos

fxgroup

The large monitors at the weather pod are used to show graphics but the station still has a key wall. The monitor setup is nice because it allows one of the main anchors to join the meteorologist at the pod.

Guest soonerliberal

I live in the Oklahoma City market, and yes, KWTV does use both the chroma key and the large screens for weathercasts. They tend to switch back and forth.

As someone who sees this set live on television, I must say it looks absolutely amazing. It is by far the most advanced and professional set in the region.

Here is a link to KWTV's website, with more information and pictures of the set:

http://www.newsok.com/article/2971198

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A 5,100 square foot set? Is that really possible? That's more than doube the size of my house!

Most local affiliates I am familiar with don't have the space for a set that size. Most seem to be in the 1,000-2,000 square foot range...or am I on the low end of the curve?

The studio is in fact 5,100 square feet.

The quote about 2,000 square feet refers to the weather center and adjoining offices (which is part of the 5,100 number)

On KWTV's site they refer to the 5,100 square feet number and indicate that it was formerly a storage area.

• 1 month later...

lol, forgot about the Python Direah, lol.

For some of you who dont know, I guess I Python got loose in the new $350,000 control room (which I might add, they hadn't been in there for more than 2 weeks.) I guess it stunk soo bad, they had some fun time getting the smell out.

Here are some pix of there old Set, been in there new studio its pretty nice!!!!

news9set.jpg

news92shot.jpg

news9studio3.jpg

Archived