Classic Video Thread (pre-2008)

Jess

The 11pm branding to me suggests that it aired on KNDO and KNDU together.

That would make sense given the lead story. Nobody in the Tri-Cities would care about a shooting in Yakima, and vice versa.

More interesting tidbits...

A glimpse of WIFR with People You Can Count On...in 1995 (complete with KDLH-alike logo):

WOAY 1995, still with News 88 (evidently they were using it with the 1994 theme):

Amazingly, they were still using that set in 2001, though it sounds like they had a new theme (snippet of it in the last few seconds):

WOAY 1995, still with News 88 (evidently they were using it with the 1994 theme):

Amazingly, they were still using that set in 2001, though it sounds like they had a new theme (snippet of it in the last few seconds):

I believe they still have the same set now, but it's been heavily refreshed. Would be nice if they would at least get a new desk that doesn't scream 80's...

KHBS/KHOG reports Kurt Cobain's death, 1994. Note the logo, set, big hair and weather tease with Gari's On Your Side (or, in other words, wow, much out of date):

Now with full open:

Out of date yes, but i cant help but like that open.

The newscast probably followed Monday Night Football, Monday Night Baseball, or one of the MLB League Championship Series that ABC televised in 1982. I think it was most likely baseball since MNF began at 8PM CT.

That sounds like the most logical explanation!

WTOC 50th anniversary documentary (44 minutes):

It looks like they had the brand "Eleven Country News" in the late 70s. Did they use Home Country?

A good 50-minute or so documentary on how news was produced at KAKE in 1989:

Commercial real includes elements from KERO in 1988 using Turn To: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jH50on0lwWQ The package was unknown for KERO but should have been known all along as their current website is turnto23.com