Jump to content
×
×
  • Create New...

Classic Video Thread (pre-2008)


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Chris Sloan archive gravy train keeps giving. There's even some rare KHJ from 1988! The 9:00 VO at the time would later do a lot of ABC Sports work in the late 80s and 90s. The 1:00 one was a

You are in for a special treat, because YouTube user 'VPR2B' has uploaded the KTXL NewsPlus music package from 1981.    

BTM0815MA has been on a tear when it comes to rare news uploads. This leads me to most of a **RARE** WITN newscast from December 31st, 1980. And if you are a Weather Channel viewer, you may recognize

Posted Images

News. Out. Of. The. Box. 15 minutes of show elements and highlights in glorious 60fps at master quality! This might be the vintage news video of the year, and it's only January 8.

 

 

There's also some other material...

 

 

and

 

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Samantha said:

News. Out. Of. The. Box. 15 minutes of show elements and highlights in glorious 60fps at master quality! This might be the vintage news video of the year, and it's only January 8.

 

 

 

at the 5:52 mark - we get to hear the near-complete closing theme, which was part of the KIRO news theme package done locally by the Seattle Symphony. It was almost like listening to the theme from the CBS Evening News with Dan Rather; it had a thunderous, pounding orchestral sound.

In My Opinion, News Outside the Box was the XFL of local newscast. I mean, it was a brilliant, totally badass idea, but unfortunately, it never caught on with the Seattle news audience. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/8/2021 at 11:36 PM, newsteam13 said:

 

at the 5:52 mark - we get to hear the near-complete closing theme, which was part of the KIRO news theme package done locally by the Seattle Symphony. It was almost like listening to the theme from the CBS Evening News with Dan Rather; it had a thunderous, pounding orchestral sound.

In My Opinion, News Outside the Box was the XFL of local newscast. I mean, it was a brilliant, totally badass idea, but unfortunately, it never caught on with the Seattle news audience. 

 

Some elements remind me of another failed format:

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Found this on the FuzzyMemories channel. It's a 1973 CBS News special called "What's the Presidency All About?" (apparently a Saturday morning broadcast {having preempted Fat Albert and the Cosby Kids} and which the description describes as almost like an extended version of the long-running In the News segments) and was hosted by then-CBS Chief White House Correspondent Dan Rather 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

From Chicago, a rare WFLD clip from the period after Kris Long left and before Walter Jacobson joined the station as the 9 p.m. co-anchor -- along with a pretty unconventional open:

 

 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, WWUpdate said:

From Chicago, a rare WFLD clip from the period after Kris Long left and before Walter Jacobson joined the station as the 9 p.m. co-anchor -- along with a pretty unconventional open:

 

 

 

Talk about FOX ATTITUDE right there...especially in the news open. Feels like WSVN up in here throughout the show!

Edited by newsteam13
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, WWUpdate said:

From Chicago, a rare WFLD clip from the period after Kris Long left and before Walter Jacobson joined the station as the 9 p.m. co-anchor -- along with a pretty unconventional open:

 

 

 

I did a little digging in the past, and while he's not there, Walter had debuted as co-anchor at least a couple months before this broadcast.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chris Hadley said:

More CNN Headline News from its golden era. This block aired May 24, 1988, and the start of the video has that copyright bumper I've been looking for for years.

 

 

 

Ahhh, the CNN Headline News I remember. It was where America could watch a 30-minute national newscast every half hour 24/7. World and National news that was ready when WE were. While we were having breakfast, on our lunch break, after dinner, before bed, whenever! We knew what was going on (across the country and around the world) every chance we got during the day EVERY DAY. That's just not the case anymore

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Not exactly local news, but with plenty of interesting presentation: CBN NewsWatch Today for November 4, 1995, with a custom Gari package and voiceover by Hal Brown:

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/14/2021 at 10:00 PM, Chris Hadley said:

More CNN Headline News from its golden era. This block aired May 24, 1988, and the start of the video has that copyright bumper I've been looking for for years.

 

 

How great it would be if we had anything like Headline News today. Just news, no opinions, debates, or sensationalism.

  • Thanks 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By using TVNewsTalk you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.