Classic Video Thread (pre-2008)

Jess

[QUOTE="Info Junkie, post: 216704, member: 3593"]Hey @T.L. Hughes i know I might have asked you before but can I update some of your compilations? I’ve been getting requests since the beginning and plenty of them were to update your existing compilations. If I do update them though I won’t be doing every one of them - like if I were doing NYC I’d probably be here all day cause you know how much NYC stuff gets uploaded. And yes @NCFLMedia, I will update WJXT if possible. Also here’s some KOTV commercials from 1985 - including a newsbreak with CNN’s Bob Losure: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrpbE2Rxm0Q[/QUOTE] Tell you what, you can create your versions of the aforementioned compilations. Though I'll also do my own update of those same stations, whenever I get my laptop back. Basically, I don't mind anyone creating their own compilations, so long as no one assigns lines as to who does which station or market.
  • Like 3

Tell you what, you can create your versions of the aforementioned compilations. Though I'll also do my own update of those same stations, whenever I get my laptop back. Basically, I don't mind anyone creating their own compilations, so as everyone does not assign lines as to who does which station.

Thanks. I’m gonna start with a certain station in St. Louis....

Also glad to see that more of that KHOU theme, which the NMSA needs to change to 1985, not 1984. They were still using “And You” as late as February:

• Like 1

KNBC, Los Angeles; 11 p.m., 1974 (go to 3:57 if not taken there automatically):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=id=hlHK1R5qIbY;m=3;s=57

This theme is listed by NMSA as a close-only theme -- but here it's used for the open.

Another KNBC open from this period; same theme:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=id=dlGSJAsyC4Q;m=4;s=21

• Like 2

Thanks. I’m gonna start with a certain station in St. Louis....

Would it be KMOV or KSDK? BTW, if you're going for St. Louis, I never was able to do a compilation of KPLR because I couldn't find enough clips to create an adequate one when I made or uploaded them. Maybe you'll have better luck with that station than I did.

• Like 1

Grrrr. Wavy 10 Fan. Info junkie. You're so gonna get it.

KHOU 11 news 1985

Interesting they slapped on some Magid red white and blue on the set after launching the 'Share the spirit' campaign. Which coincidentally CBS ran with a year later.

Didn't seem to help either of them!

Also didn't realize they used And You per Info Junkie's video - always cool to see that Telesound work in action.

Would it be KMOV or KSDK? BTW, if you're going for St. Louis, I never was able to do a compilation of KPLR because I couldn't find enough clips to create an adequate one when I made or uploaded them. Maybe you'll have better luck with that station than I did.

KTVI. Between the time you uploaded the KTVI compilation in October 2014 to now, plenty of footage from that station has been uncovered.

Also I am planning on updating some of my own compilations too - I really don’t like my KPHO compilation as I missed a ton of stuff from 2014 onward. Also dma37dude has been kind enough to share some footage off of his hard drive with me, which includes more WXXA during the “News Matrix” era and plenty of WIVB.

• Like 1

[MEDIA=vimeo]219131683[/MEDIA]

Some KTUL clips from 1986, still using the 1985 theme. Anchors featured are Carole Lambert and Richard Hull of WLWT fame, as well as of course, Charles Ely.

Was Hull the guy who replaced Bob Hower?? I know Steve Knight didn’t come in till ‘88, and Hower retired two years prior.

• Like 1