Classic Video Thread (pre-2008)

Jess

Didn't realize KCRA licensed its 'where the news comes first' trademark to another station (KSDK). They both use the registered trademark symbol, and in the trademark database KCRA and Hearst are the only entries dating back to the early 80s.

• Like 3

Clip of a news segment of Noticias 41 from around 1988 or 1989 featuring Maria Celeste Arraras and Fernando Fiore.

Maria currently works for Telemundo while Fernando works as a sports Anchor for Univision Deportes.

....Until 2014. Fiore now works for FOX Sports since 2015, recently seen with World Cup Coverage.

https://www.mediamoves.com/2014/07/fernando-fiore-quits-univision.html

http://www.foxsports.com/presspass/latest-news/2016/02/09/emmy-award-winning-broadcaster-fernando-fiore-joins-fox-sports-expanding-soccer-coverage

• Like 1

Sticking to OKC, this KOCO vid I found on Facebook has a test pattern at the beginning with what possibly was their first “5 Alive” logo under Gannett ownership:

What I find strange is that Gannett kept the same font as the former Combined stations for KOCO while WXIA and WLKY dropped the fonts after the ownership change.

From my vault (save for the first, the rest are from May 3, 1993).

1989 WVEC produced PSA for a Norfolk charity called "Christian Action" (also one of two uploads that I did a slight color correction experiment on)

1993 WAVY Promo (Contact 10)

1993 WAVY Promo (Medical Breakthroughs; tease for the segment airing at 11:00 that night)

1993 WAVY-WWDE Promo (Jerry Seinfeld at Chrysler Hall -- semi-related to news; as Hampton Roads radio legend Dick Lamb teases a piece on the following Sunday's WAVY News 10 at 11:00 on how to get tickets and passes to the sold-out event)

1993 WAVY News 10 at 11:00 Tease (with soon-to-depart anchor Terry Zahn)

• Like 1