Classic Video Thread (pre-2008)

Jess

KXAS (Dallas/Ft. Worth) December 22, 1991 10:00pm (Sunday night 20 minute sportsless newscast).

I didn't realize Jim Douglas was at KXAS as well. Is it just me or has just about everyone been with at least 2 of the 3 majors in DFW (KXAS, KDFW & WFAA) except for Clarice at KDFW?

• Like 1

In the early 2000s I was in possession of a CD with many of the tracks from this great KNTV package. Was doing a project for work and reached out to the composer from Silvertree about licensing it for internal use.

(...)

Unfortunately, returned it per his instructions after we went a different direction on the project and he has since passed away. So no idea where it might be archived anymore.

From my correspondence with his widow, she maintains that she still has all his stuff on DAT. She moved up to Santa Rosa in the last couple years, I still want to go up and listen to that stuff but I think it still hasn't been unpacked...

• Like 1

As he celebrates his 35th anniversary at WLS, here's Alan Krashesky...weatherman? While these are quick clips, stuff from this era at the station is largely considered rare.

After that brief stint, he became early morning news anchor, leading into some random chick's show. Don't know what happened to her.

Finally, a nice clean cut of the debut broadcast of the 6:15 'Eyewitness News This Morning' from 1989, a few months before it would expand and add traffic anchor Roz Varon.

• Like 2

Don't know if anyone ever came across this, but here's some KCCI in 1992 with Gari's "Champion" news package and some KTSP-like graphics.

Never seen that. I assumed it was a CBS affiliate package when I saw WBMG with it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phR4752T3gY

It also matches the Look campaign the network had.

Also, I really do think KCCI commissioned Champion. The signature matches the "The Look of a Leader", and the ID sting seems to be sung as "The Look of a Leader, TV-8".

• Like 2

A WOWT ID from 1982 using the tail end of the movie intro music from the Field Communications stations, leading into about 10 minutes of CBS Nightwatch.

Keep an eye on the uploader's channel. I have a hunch some rare Omaha goodies are about to come from it!

hmaxhanson, it's good that you shared this video. The WOWT "Action News 6" logo font was also used for WBIR's newscast logo during this period.

I did check the YouTube channel and have not seen any new videos. However, the cover picture is of three classic Omaha station logos (KMTV, WOWT and KETV) with the profile pic being a KPTM logo designed by Television by Design.

I have to agree with you, because I believe some rare Omaha news content is coming our way soon.

That KPTM logo was their first one from when they went on the air in 1986.

This WCCO newscast from January 1986 also contains an outstanding promo for WCCO radio from the "Real Radio" (Tuesday16) days. This image was dropped in 1988:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=id=nofGydudvek;t=18

WTHR, noon open and story from 1990:

• Like 1

hmaxhanson, it's good that you shared this video. The WOWT "Action News 6" logo font was also used for WBIR's newscast logo during this period.

I did check the YouTube channel and have not seen any new videos. However, the cover picture is of three classic Omaha station logos (KMTV, WOWT and KETV) with the profile pic being a KPTM logo designed by Television by Design.

I have to agree with you, because I believe some rare Omaha news content is coming our way soon.

I sure hope so. I fear this could end up being another channel that uploads just one good video and never uploads again.

WILX from August 11, 1990, still using Tuesday's Action News theme :

WWTV-WWUP in 1991, using the same theme and what I think is a fantastic open for a small market station:

WFMJ from June 21, 1982 using Telesound's Action News Theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=id=JwBJlcrwpB8;m=21;s=45

KPNX 12 News Five O'Clock opening from November 1993. Not terribly noteworthy (we already had the opening from this set), but...

Unfortunately, sports anchor Steve Pascente would die of a car accident the next year. (I thought it was cancer, but I was wrong.)

• Like 2

KPNX 12 News Five O'Clock opening from November 1993. Not terribly noteworthy (we already had the opening from this set), but...

Unfortunately, sports anchor Steve Pascente would die of cancer just six months later.

they all count as they say

Whoops, I thought it was cancer (due to a misleading search preview). I'm retracting that part of the post. :/ There was a Cardinals reporter for the Republic who died of cancer the same year, and I think other people conflated the two events, especially these days.

Here's a whole half-hour of Good Morning Arizona from 1996!

• Like 3

WAVE-TV's 1985 newscast in full. The opening looks a bit similar to WHAS's open with "Hello News" (seen on a NewsActive3 compilation).

Also that WBNS '94 open in the NMSA as well as their '96 open incorrectly credit Jeff Laurence instead of Eric Gordon.

• Like 1

Yes please! (I kinda prefer the Impact News-ized intro, though...)

It occurs to me this name could not return today. Too close to Amazon Prime...

It appears April 11, 1997 was the final telecast for Arizona Prime:

"Channel 10 (KSAZ) has announced a name change for Arizona Prime News, the station's week-nights-at-9 news hour. Starting April 14, it becomes Fox 10 News [at] 9. According to a Channel 10 spokeswoman, no significant content or talent changes are planned."

• Like 1