Classic Video Thread (pre-2008)

Jess

Here's 2 very rare clips from WXTV when their newscast was called "Reporter 41" sometime in the mid 80s or so. No news opens, sorry.

Another one from the late 80s:

Hold on, I'm not done yet, I also found rare stuff from WNJU from their 1989 news magazine program, "Primera Plana". Contains station ID, and a promo for "Informador 47" and "Noticiero Telemundo CNN".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=id=N1Tw2-ej1M4;t=38

Here's an even older promo of Informador 47 circa 1987 via RetroJunk. (If anyone happen to know the original YT video(s) that contain it, let me know.

http://www.retrojunk.com/commercial/show/29925/wnjutv-informador-47-promo-in-la-mejor-y-la-mzas

• Like 1

I'm feeling like Corpus Christi: A 1990 open with some theme of some sort, and a 1989 close with the WDAF 1987 Silvertree theme.

It is worth noting that KRIS indeed is on that mythical list of Silvertree clients — along with WDAF and WWTV.

Similar service to the one that did the tobacco archive stuff, I think, maybe even the same one. (They obviously had some old station IDs on file.) I'd actually never seen a KTVT open from that era either — pretty nice. The second video has a longer close than the NMSA!!

Similar service to the one that did the tobacco archive stuff, I think, maybe even the same one. (They obviously had some old station IDs on file.) I'd actually never seen a KTVT open from that era either — pretty nice. The second video has a longer close than the NMSA!!

I know! Pre-CBS KTVT stuff is super rare.

Let's time travel through WSJV history:

50th anniversary video, featuring highlights of the station and Michiana history, and NEWS PEOPLE:

And elsewhere:

KQTV news promo, 1979:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=id=keadVEd1MqI;t=282

And a look at WECA (!!) Action News from 1979. There's excerpts, weathercasts, part of an open and part of a close:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=id=YlsyzhgKjAU;t=632

There's even WTOC from 1972, when Jimmy Carter was the governor of Georgia (!!) and the news was titled Kaleidoscope (!!!):

And which station is this?

KUTV. Notice the mention of how the FCC's enforcement group "[didn't] make it to Utah very often". The reporter, Randy Ripplinger, also has a LinkedIn profile that lists him as working there from June 1973 to November 1978. This report in particular would have been from the latter two years of his tenure, since the 2 logo seen on his mic flag seems to have been introduced around 1976.

KUTV. Notice the mention of how the FCC's enforcement group "[didn't] make it to Utah very often". The reporter, Randy Ripplinger, also has a LinkedIn profile that lists him as working there from June 1973 to November 1978. This report in particular would have been from the latter two years of his tenure, since the 2 logo seen on his mic flag seems to have been introduced around 1976.

Ah, alright. I sure hadn't seen that shadow-box 2 before.

• Like 1