Classic Video Thread (pre-2008)

Jess

4 minutes ago, TheOneManHerd said:

KDFW, too. The news theme and promo song were also heard in San Francisco, but on different stations. KTVU used the news theme for their weekend 6:00; and KOFY had the promo. 

Didn't realize KDFW had a resing of the thing:

Edited by Ramona
  • Like 1

February 19, 2001 WBTV coverage of the aftermath following the death of Dale Earnhardt 

https://youtu.be/wj01RakiXP4

And some from my first upload batch of 2019, all from February 3, 1996

1996 WAVY Promo (Super Bowl Giveaway)

1996 WAVY News 10 Promo (Shades of Grey) (report on interracial marriages by longtime morning anchor Don Roberts)

1996 NBC News Promo (Dateline NBC)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Weeters said:

KMAX/Good Day Sacramento anchor Marianne McClary has announced her retirement, and the announcement video features some old KCPQ, KTNV, and KPWB/KMAX clips.

Most interesting to me is the revelation that KTNV used the angled bars graphics package that WTMJ used in the late 80's and early 90's.

• Like 1

Take a look at what I acquired recently! NHK Network ID and the first few seconds of what appears to be a newscast. I have zero knowledge in Japanese broadcasting so I'm not 100% on any of the information that I'm saying but it's still a gem in my collection. 

EDIT: It's not a network ID like I originally thought but a very short NHK News Open. 

Edited by WFTV Channel 9

10 minutes ago, WFTV Channel 9 said:

Take a look at what I acquired recently! NHK Network ID and the first few seconds of what appears to be a newscast. I have zero knowledge in Japanese broadcasting so I'm not 100% on any of the information that I'm saying but it's still a gem in my collection. 

No, the entire clip is part of the newscast. The first few seconds is the intro to a short "NHK News" bulletin, not a network ID.

I don't even think Japanese TV stations do hourly IDs, they only ID themselves at startup and closedown.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, skbl17 said:

No, the entire clip is part of the newscast. The first few seconds is the intro to a short "NHK News" bulletin, not a network ID.

I don't even think Japanese TV stations do hourly IDs, they only ID themselves at startup and closedown.

Oh neat! Thank you for the correction. That makes the finding a lot more interesting. I wish there's more of the newscast but the recording gets cut off at the end. I changed the information in the title of the video. 

11 hours ago, Info Junkie said:

That WTSP bump from 1993 is interesting, as it uses Brian James with Great News instead of NS2000+. Odd.

IIRC, WTSP dumped Jeff Laurence before the end of 1993 and picked up Brian James, who also worked at WFLA/970 Radio.  WTSP made a ton of changes in that 1992-94 era.