Jump to content

Welcome, Guest!

Sign In or Create my Account to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.
HulkieD

Classic Video Thread (pre-2008)

Recommended Posts

Don't see it on the EWN 50 Years page, but right now in New York taxicabs that have the Eyewitness News feed they're playing this 1991 promo uncut, full audio

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, I don't even think I've heard that cut of the package...

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure if this was shared, but did you know at some point, Univision was made available in Costa Rica on channel 2 making it the first Univision channel outside the United States. They even have their own version of Noticiero Univision as shown in this video:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow! Canal 2 today is a channel called CDR which consists of television simulcasts of radio programming. (It's co-owned with channels 4, 6 and 11.) The video is apparently from 1993.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Classic Inside Edition from 1990. LONG close of their first Kalehoff theme. (DOWNLOAD WHILE YOU CAN)

EDIT: Just discovered an even longer one (I think it’s virtually the entire closing cut). If you can make it through the animatronics, you’re golden.

 

Edited by MikePulse

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a bad feeling that stevations will get terminated by NBCU within the next few months, go ahead and save his videos while you still can! 

https://www.youtube.com/user/stevations

He had to stop posting videos after he lost his monetization privelages, and would like donations for new tapes and possibly a website to post them on!

Edited by hmaxhanson

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, hmaxhanson said:

I have a bad feeling that stevations will get terminated by NBCU within the next few months, go ahead and save his videos while you still can! 

https://www.youtube.com/user/stevations

He had to stop posting videos after he lost his monetization privelages, and would like donations for new tapes and possibly a website to post them on!

He might be fine if he chooses to contest the copyright notifications under fair use grounds now that the videos aren't monetized. Stevations technically shouldn't have set his channel to be monetized as the content is copyrighted (therefore, he would be profiting from content that is owned by another company). I'm not sure if the NBCU claims have anything to do with that, but he'd be safe to upload content on fair use grounds as well as upload content that can justify a fair use claim should he need to contest it again (such as commercials, newscasts and station IDs).

 

When I started my YT channel, I was aware that monetizing copyrighted content could result in the takedown of certain videos or the suspension or removal of the channel, so I chose to upload my compilations without monetization on fair use grounds. I was also subject to a copyright claim for a song included in one of the news open compilations, which I contested upon finding out that I had received a potential strike for the video in question, and was, luckily, successful in challenging.

Edited by T.L. Hughes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, hmaxhanson said:

I have a bad feeling that stevations will get terminated by NBCU within the next few months, go ahead and save his videos while you still can! 

https://www.youtube.com/user/stevations

He had to stop posting videos after he lost his monetization privelages, and would like donations for new tapes and possibly a website to post them on!

Oh goodness... that would be a loss. Lots of Hampton Roads material in his collection.

But yeah, as stated above, his channel shouldn’t be monetized. If he is using it as a source of income, perhaps he should set up a Patreon or something. I’d consider contributing.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, T.L. Hughes said:

He might be fine if he chooses to contest the copyright notifications under fair use grounds now that the videos aren't monetized. Stevations technically shouldn't have set his channel to be monetized as the content is copyrighted (therefore, he would be profiting from content that is owned by another company). I'm not sure if the NBCU claims have anything to do with that, but he'd be safe to upload content on fair use grounds as well as upload content that can justify a fair use claim should he need to contest it again (such as commercials, newscasts and station IDs).

 

When I started my YT channel, I was aware that monetizing copyrighted content could result in the takedown of certain videos or the suspension or removal of the channel, so I chose to upload my compilations without monetization on fair use grounds. I was also subject to a copyright claim for a song included in one of the news open compilations, which I contested upon finding out that I had received a potential strike for the video in question, and was, luckily, successful in challenging.

News open compilations technically fall under fair use, correct? Cause they’re a “history of a station’s imaging over the years.”

A “NewsCenter 39” update from 1980. Anyone recognize the music?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, TSSZNews said:

And buried in those videos is a clip of Craig's last show at (I think) American University...which used the McKonly WCBS theme as a close!  In 1990!

And thats not all, buried somewhere is WSVN's awesome 1994 close with a WHDH feel :53.

Just look for the miami skyline or 7 skycam.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Ntropolis said:

But yeah, as stated above, his channel shouldn’t be monetized. If he is using it as a source of income, perhaps he should set up a Patreon or something. I’d consider contributing.

You might suggest to Stevations to start a Patreon account, that's a good idea.

4 hours ago, Info Junkie said:

News open compilations technically fall under fair use, correct? Cause they’re a “history of a station’s imaging over the years.

I'm pretty sure it qualifies as fair use.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A full broadcast of the CBS Evening News (March 9, 2005), when Dan Rather retired from the anchordesk. Includes the final segment of WBZ's 6pm newscast. Anyone knows the name of the anchor filling in for Jack and Lisa?

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, onthesea said:

A full broadcast of the CBS Evening News (March 9, 2005), when Dan Rather retired from the anchordesk. Includes the final segment of WBZ's 6pm newscast. Anyone knows the name of the anchor filling in for Jack and Lisa?

 

The anchor is Josh Binswanger. 

Edited by bostonmediaguy
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, onthesea said:

A full broadcast of the CBS Evening News (March 9, 2005), when Dan Rather retired from the anchordesk. Includes the final segment of WBZ's 6pm newscast. Anyone knows the name of the anchor filling in for Jack and Lisa?

 

I LOVE that standing ovation the CBS News crew gave Dan at the end. Combined with the Patterson Walz and Fox theme, it's beautiful. It's a shame they had to interrupt it with the plugs for their website and Wal-Mart, you'd think they could've left those out that night,

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By using TVNewsTalk you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.