Classic Video Thread (pre-2008)

Jess

Classic Inside Edition from 1990. LONG close of their first Kalehoff theme. (DOWNLOAD WHILE YOU CAN)

EDIT: Just discovered an even longer one (I think it’s virtually the entire closing cut). If you can make it through the animatronics, you’re golden.

Edited by MikePulse
  • Like 2

I have a bad feeling that stevations will get terminated by NBCU within the next few months, go ahead and save his videos while you still can! 

https://www.youtube.com/user/stevations

He had to stop posting videos after he lost his monetization privelages, and would like donations for new tapes and possibly a website to post them on!

Edited by hmaxhanson

16 hours ago, hmaxhanson said:

I have a bad feeling that stevations will get terminated by NBCU within the next few months, go ahead and save his videos while you still can! 

He had to stop posting videos after he lost his monetization privelages, and would like donations for new tapes and possibly a website to post them on!

He might be fine if he chooses to contest the copyright notifications under fair use grounds now that the videos aren't monetized. Stevations technically shouldn't have set his channel to be monetized as the content is copyrighted (therefore, he would be profiting from content that is owned by another company). I'm not sure if the NBCU claims have anything to do with that, but he'd be safe to upload content on fair use grounds as well as upload content that can justify a fair use claim should he need to contest it again (such as commercials, newscasts and station IDs).

When I started my YT channel, I was aware that monetizing copyrighted content could result in the takedown of certain videos or the suspension or removal of the channel, so I chose to upload my compilations without monetization on fair use grounds. I was also subject to a copyright claim for a song included in one of the news open compilations, which I contested upon finding out that I had received a potential strike for the video in question, and was, luckily, successful in challenging.

Edited by T.L. Hughes

18 hours ago, hmaxhanson said:

Oh goodness... that would be a loss. Lots of Hampton Roads material in his collection.

But yeah, as stated above, his channel shouldn’t be monetized. If he is using it as a source of income, perhaps he should set up a Patreon or something. I’d consider contributing.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, T.L. Hughes said:

He might be fine if he chooses to contest the copyright notifications under fair use grounds now that the videos aren't monetized. Stevations technically shouldn't have set his channel to be monetized as the content is copyrighted (therefore, he would be profiting from content that is owned by another company). I'm not sure if the NBCU claims have anything to do with that, but he'd be safe to upload content on fair use grounds as well as upload content that can justify a fair use claim should he need to contest it again (such as commercials, newscasts and station IDs).

When I started my YT channel, I was aware that monetizing copyrighted content could result in the takedown of certain videos or the suspension or removal of the channel, so I chose to upload my compilations without monetization on fair use grounds. I was also subject to a copyright claim for a song included in one of the news open compilations, which I contested upon finding out that I had received a potential strike for the video in question, and was, luckily, successful in challenging.

News open compilations technically fall under fair use, correct? Cause they’re a “history of a station’s imaging over the years.”

A “NewsCenter 39” update from 1980. Anyone recognize the music?

17 minutes ago, SoFloTVClassics said:

Here's more vintage WSVN clips provided by Craig Stevens.

https://m.facebook.com/pg/CraigStevensWSVN/videos/?ref=m_notif&mt_nav=0

And buried in those videos is a clip of Craig's last show at (I think) American University...which used the McKonly WCBS theme as a close!  In 1990!

3 minutes ago, TSSZNews said:

And buried in those videos is a clip of Craig's last show at (I think) American University...which used the McKonly WCBS theme as a close!  In 1990!

And thats not all, buried somewhere is WSVN's awesome 1994 close with a WHDH feel :53.

Just look for the miami skyline or 7 skycam.

6 hours ago, Ntropolis said:

But yeah, as stated above, his channel shouldn’t be monetized. If he is using it as a source of income, perhaps he should set up a Patreon or something. I’d consider contributing.

You might suggest to Stevations to start a Patreon account, that's a good idea.

4 hours ago, Info Junkie said:

News open compilations technically fall under fair use, correct? Cause they’re a “history of a station’s imaging over the years.

I'm pretty sure it qualifies as fair use.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, onthesea said:

A full broadcast of the CBS Evening News (March 9, 2005), when Dan Rather retired from the anchordesk. Includes the final segment of WBZ's 6pm newscast. Anyone knows the name of the anchor filling in for Jack and Lisa?

The anchor is Josh Binswanger. 

Edited by bostonmediaguy
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, onthesea said:

A full broadcast of the CBS Evening News (March 9, 2005), when Dan Rather retired from the anchordesk. Includes the final segment of WBZ's 6pm newscast. Anyone knows the name of the anchor filling in for Jack and Lisa?

I LOVE that standing ovation the CBS News crew gave Dan at the end. Combined with the Patterson Walz and Fox theme, it's beautiful. It's a shame they had to interrupt it with the plugs for their website and Wal-Mart, you'd think they could've left those out that night,

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Info Junkie said:

I present news opens from another station that screams consistency. @ColDayNews

The Giant Octopus graphics are my favorite era of 10TV, mainly the 1996 opens with the theme that’d later be used for WFOR and the scrolling county names, and the 1998 open (first with TiYN) with the scrolling “wbns columbus ohio” and chopper shots of downtown. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2