Classic Video Thread (pre-2008)

Jess

There's more Phoenix stuff where that came from, though not much. Enough to say that KTSP used that news theme right up through its 1992 rebrand, though, and to say Al Vanik really was the voice of KTSP for a time (many major VO talents – Scott Chapin, Paul Turner, Al Vanik – are rare to find in Phoenix materials and only turn up for a couple of years).

Other than the 11pm 'NightCast' theme, what did KTSP use for the other newscasts in the 1989-92 era?

My guess would be a lighter variation of the same theme. The music in the "Sharing the Vision" promo sounds kinda the same style, so it could be part of a custom package.

@TexasTVNews: If it's the one from NewsActive3 part 24, it's from June 30, 1994. Interestingly enough, that day, KPHO and CBS cut a deal.

I would like to see it. KSAZ from 1994 is one of my favorite eras of any TV station ever. They were doing things right in the design realm. Like, really right. Like, nobody can ever match them right (they're not even using an open on weeknights, just a cold "Fox 10 News at 9" and right into the headlines).

@Raymie: Well, I'm lucky to have a lot of vintage newscasts including Phoenix newscasts. And on top of that, I'm lucky to

have Scott Kimmell and very good friend to trade with.

Classic Action 13's Marvin Zindler's Rat & Roach Report

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNPpyyCjEPk (1999)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKdPYwCQuBc (2000)

Didn't think to mention this earlier, but here are two of three videos I did as a HQ video test (the first is a commercial for Robitussin).

1995 WGNT Promo (Rocko's Modern Life and Tattertown Christmas specials):

1995 WGNT Promo (Blossom; but a different one than the version I had on my former channels):

Some stuff uploaded yesterday/today (having to stagger this now. Like the way you can see the video on the page except for having to break things up as far as how much I can mention in a post)

1989 WGNT ID (General)

1996 WB! Promo (some show called Savannah)

Some of that stuff I've never seen or heard before, namely the WTVY, WJHG, WSFA, and WTNZ packages. (The WSFA package in particular. This might be the custom "Alabama's News Source" package, for which the NMSA does not even have a raw music sample. The date, 1999, is correct.)

Some of that stuff I've never seen or heard before, namely the WTVY, WJHG, WSFA, and WTNZ packages. (The WSFA package in particular. This might be the custom "Alabama's News Source" package, for which the NMSA does not even have a raw music sample. The date, 1999, is correct.)

WTVY is "Counterpoint" (Stephen Arnold)

WJHG is "Global Village" (Stephen Arnold)

WTNZ is "The Edge" (Cue11)

No idea on WSFA.

Yeah, I knew what the first three were. (They're not in the NMSA, though) #4 (WSFA) is a BIG mystery because...

-It's from 1999. The only theme we know that WSFA used between 1996 and 2003 was a package called "Alabama's News Source", a custom composition by Ralph Ford.

-We don't even have a single sample of it. (We may want to ask: there is an email address on his very sparse website.

But given the date, I have a hunch that it really is this package.