Classic Video Thread (pre-2008)

Jess

On 12/30/2023 at 3:13 PM, SoFloTVClassics said:

WTVA Morning Report and The Today show 1990

WXIN FOX 59 Nightcast 1994

Really cool you can see an overhead shot of the studio live during the break at 1hr:16 with the interview platform being wheeled in and out, Bryant and Deborah coming and going. Another second break follows the next segment.  

WCSH NewsCenter at 11:00 (November 26, 1985)

WFSB Eyewitness News newsbreaks and open (November 22, 1981)

WDIV News 4 NightBeat (December 15, 1986)

Edited by H-Town TV Fan
  • Like 1

By the way, "The Spirit of Arizona" slogan (but not the theme) would reappear on Phoenix's KSAZ in 1994 (In fact, the former KTSP adopted the KSAZ calls to match the slogan):

On 1/5/2024 at 6:12 PM, WWUpdate said:

WGN, Chicago; 9 p.m., 1982:

You may have noticed that in the clip above, WGN still used the old NewsNine set, with minor modifications, even though this was already in the Nine O'clock News era. Well, here's a just-uploaded clip of NewsNine from 1979:

I've got tons of footage from Northridge, it's all national/syndicated shows, like Inside Edition and American Journal. I've already posted it all, to my knowledge. That KPDX newscast is from my collection, but I have been SO busy (subbing, gig deliveries, even freelance TV work) that new content just hasn't been uploaded. I've got several tapes ready to go whenever I have the extra time.

16 hours ago, VHSgoodiesWA said:

I've got tons of footage from Northridge, it's all national/syndicated shows, like Inside Edition and American Journal. I've already posted it all, to my knowledge. That KPDX newscast is from my collection, but I have been SO busy (subbing, gig deliveries, even freelance TV work) that new content just hasn't been uploaded. I've got several tapes ready to go whenever I have the extra time.

Sorry I uploaded some of your clips 😢