Classic Video Thread (pre-2008)

Jess

More goodies being posted. In fact, these are some pretty old ones...

KIMA 8/29/85 NewsBeat at 11. Heidi Tauber (now deceased) has the desk to herself, no Ken Crockett. A pre-recorded weather blurb from Stu Seibel and NO sports anchor. "And You" theme, of course.

And Susan Hutchison has the desk to herself as KIRO covers the devastation of Hurricane Andrew, on August 24th, 1992...and yes, that's Steve Raible at the *sports desk*. I've always known him from KIRO as the lead news anchor! It does help that not only is he the fantastic Seahawks radio announcer to this day but also that he had experience as a WR for the Seahawks 🙂

And a snippet with more to come. The last seconds of KREM news and a plethora of commercials from a broadcast of 'Chisum' taped *11/24/1979*!! This isn't all...there's some KREM GEMS I have found from this latest estate sale in Ellensburg, that break personal records for oldest tapes found! Stay tuned!

Ah, I'll add one more. 1985 late night breaks from KIRO, including multiple Eyewitness News promos. One with a jingle, and another with Gary Justice promoting the 6:30 news

WNBC Post 9/11 Thanksgiving Day Parade Pre Show (2001). Had no clue Audrey Puente used to work on NBC 4. Is Jane Hansen still there? When she hosted LX New York I had no clue she used to be the TINY anchor, hardly recall her referencing it.

YouTuber assembled a compilation of videos about the '94 broadcast TV realignment. Would station executives would be so eager to switch from CBS to Fox today? I always thought a big 3 affiliation was the gold standard. 

Edited by MediaZone4K