Classic Video Thread (pre-2008)

Jess

Two treasures...Roz Abrams first WCBS newscast (2003). You could feel the joy from Ernie Anastos and Dan Rather...Hard to believe she hasn't been on the air for nearly 20 years now. She should still be at WABC! 

WABC Roz Abrams last day (2003) Cool to see the Oprah tribute.

Edited by MediaZone4K

2 hours ago, MediaZone4K said:

Two treasures...Roz Abrahms first WBCS newscast (2003). You could feel the joy from Ernie Anastos and Dan Rather...Hard to believe she hasn't been on the air for nearly 20 years now. She should still be at WABC! 

WABC Roz Abrahms last day (2003) Cool to see the Oprah tribute.

I hate to be that guy, but it’s “Abrams” and “WCBS.”

Still though, very cool find.

• Like 2

On 10/14/2023 at 3:09 AM, Route66Fan said:

I'n not sure if VHSgoodiesWA has seen this, but here is a video that YouTube recommended to me recently showing how KIMA made their commercial break tapes in 1991.

I recently saw that! The young dubber would be at the station during their off-air time (roughly 1-6AM weeknights). He would dub all the tapes that needed to be loaded the next day for KIMA's broadcast day.

• Like 1

We have a new full image campaign that was just discovered! This time, it's not from one of the Big 4 networks but rather from Univision for the 1991-92 season, coinciding with their 30th anniversary. I know they used the "La Visión de América" slogan during those years. Hell, I even used an ID with that slogan as the intro to my Noticiero Univision compilation. What I didn't know was that it was actually a full-fledged campaign they had back then.

Edited by ChocoMingo
Wording

Jim Ryan on WCBS' Morning News (2006). I had no recollection of him ever working in TV news after leaving Good Day.

I knew WSVN was tabloid but not this low down🤣🤣🤣🤣 Good God, who green lit this segment??? I'm surprised they could show that much behind on the news without censorship.

10 hours ago, SoFloTVClassics said:

WSVN 12/9/93 (Yup 👍😁 It's the 🥵 infamous Hot Dog story)

Edited by MediaZone4K

16 hours ago, SoFloTVClassics said:

WSVN 12/9/93 (Yup 👍😁 It's the 🥵 infamous Hot Dog story)

This is definitely one of the local news stories of all time.

I think it’s safe to say they’ve toned things down quite a lot since then, but damn, WSVN cynically chased after sensationalist stories back then.

More from what I call the "struggle era" of WCBS (1997-2006). Constant talent changes, rebrands and new sets following the "Massacre of 1996" when many talent were fired.

News 2 era begins (1997). Never saw this set before. The "2News" logo, set, and graphics looked way better.

Just months later the set would look like this:

IMG_5756.jpeg

Shon Gables first day (2003). That blue set was a downgrade compared to the "information center" era and 5th Ave studios. 

Jim Rosenfield's first day (2005). Roz says she's "happy to have him back from that other station" and that "she hopes they can anchor together for a loooong time". Ironic in that she didn't last too much longer at the station. I love Roz but that wig was not it compared to her WABC style. 

What did you all think of WCBS during this time?

Edited by MediaZone4K
  • Sad 1