Classic Video Thread (pre-2008)

Jess

I've been busy. Not a surprise. But now that the local kids are on Winter Break, I have more time (no substitute teaching until after New Years') and have uploaded a couple of new finds...

1/2 of KING 5 News at 11 from 12/13/02 - Dennis Bounds and Margaret Larson. Growing up west of the Cascades, our family didn't watch 5 as much as 4 and 7 in the evenings, but I sure remember and miss these anchors!

Open to KNDO/KNDU Live at Eleven at the end of this commercial compliation, from Sat. 11/29/97.

WFLD 1992 and now with the weather Rich Koz. Wait...what?! The son of svengoolie doing weather reports, what's tonight's forecast a flurry of rubber chickens 😅?

WFIE Newswatch 14 1996

WEVV CBS 44 News 1999

WEVV FOX 44 News at Nine 1995

Arizona TV Stations coverage of the Amtrak ICE 1993

1988/9 KOLD & KGUN News Snippets

WLS clips from Alan Krashesky's retirement. Nice they have good archive footage not just Youtube clips, and the editor thought to play a quick cut of the '82 era On Your Side bumper to start the retrospective.

https://abc7chicago.com/video/embed/?pid=12481179

Edited by sfomspphl
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, atlnews2 said:

ABC 20/20 report from 1982 about the competitiveness of local news - mainly focusing on KSTP

Fast forward 40 years later. What has changed in TV news, other than technology, HD broadcasting, or the fact that some anchors have bubbly personalities with opinions (example, Kyle Clark of NBC 9NEWS KUSA in Denver)?

• Sad 1

17 minutes ago, newsteam13 said:

KTRK's former theme pre-Cool Hand Luke played in the background, as the ABC13 drone flies around the studios and offices. Must be in honor of Jim Gardner's retirement from KTRK's longtime sister station 6ABC WPVI in Philly.

This was published over a year ago, and obviously a fan-made mash-up of a real close followed by drone footage with MCTYW put over it by the uploader.

22 hours ago, 24994J said:

This was published over a year ago, and obviously a fan-made mash-up of a real close followed by drone footage with MCTYW put over it by the uploader.

Looking at the drone footage again, that beautiful drone shot flying away from the red 13 transmitting tower (with the Houston skyline in the background) would make a great ABC13 news close. All KTRK has to do is throw in the copyright tag in the lower 3rd, and they have themselves a news close.

Edited by newsteam13
  • Like 2

KNBC Channel 4 News Nightside January 1986

Cued it up at the outro to the Tonight Show with the jazzy music and motion shots of the set. Looks so expansive yet warm and not overwhelming...a lot of that is thoughtful shot placement and framing built into the lines of the set , rather than just the studio size. Every shot of the set has an element that continues up or to the side uninterrupted, giving the illusion of height and depth.

Edited by sfomspphl
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, sfomspphl said:

KNBC Channel 4 News Nightside January 1986

Cued it up at the outro to the Tonight Show with the jazzy music and motion shots of the set. Looks so expansive yet warm and not overwhelming...a lot of that is thoughtful shot placement and framing built into the lines of the set , rather than just the studio size. Every shot of the set has an element that continues up or to the side uninterrupted, giving the illusion of height and depth.

A great period at KNBC. They were just about to take the lead back from KABC. The set was designed by Gil Jimenez. A set design pioneer.  And a great guy. I worked with him on a set in 2003.  

• Like 1

On 12/31/2022 at 4:09 AM, H-Town TV Fan said:

And WLS Eyewitness News at 10:00 in 1984:

2:38 mark of that NYE '84 WLS Eyewitness News late edition-- who was the announcer there? His billing sounds far different than anyone I remember hearing on clips of that Windy City ABC O&O.

2 minutes ago, bmasters1 said:

2:38 mark of that NYE '84 WLS Eyewitness News late edition-- who was the announcer there? His billing sounds far different than anyone I remember hearing on clips of that Windy City ABC O&O.

I'm guessing the back-up to the back-up, as they were still using a live announcer, at that time.

• Like 1

Tody Show (1994), Matt--in for Braynt--and Katie in the wooden set. Cool seeing Katie and Matt together on the old set. 

**Ignore the thumbnail**,  but I never knew Monica Lewinsky did an interview on Today  in 1998

Edited by iron_lion

A weekend edition of a WIS News Nightcast open from April 28, 1991 - this jcbD graphics package less than a week old! Anchored by current WJW reporter/anchor Roosevelt Leftwich. I have the open from the next night with the weeknight crew which I'll be uploading too.