Classic Video Thread (pre-2008)

Jess

Formerly on YouTube but now reposted on my Archive.org page, here is an hour block (JIP) of CNN Headline News from May 24, 1988. Thanks to YouTube user "Memory Lane" (who has since taken down all his classic TV clips) for providing me with the original file for this.

https://archive.org/details/headline-news-1988-05-24

A portion of CNN Headline News from March 11, 1989, which can be seen in segments on YouTube user "Polaroid"'s channel:

https://archive.org/details/headline-news-1989-03-11

Also from the same YouTube channel but posted here in complete form, an hour block from Easter Sunday 1989:

https://archive.org/details/headline-news-1989-03-26

Edited by Chris Hadley

This amazing piece of Yakima history has returned to YouTube. Personal story about this tape: When T.J. Close passed away in 2019, I was asked by Stu Seibel himself to make a copy of this video to DVD for T.J.'s family in Arizona who had never seen this broadcast. They were very pleased to get a DVD copy of this. It is sad to hear about a news legend passing away, but knowing that his memories will be handed down to another generation of the Close family makes me feel great, the public service that I do for those in Yakima and elsewhere. 🙂

And did I mention Stu? KIMA News at 11, November 13th, 2001, with Stu, Alan Sillence, and Sten Walstrom. 

Part of USA's First Business from January 15th, 1993. Barton Eckert passed away last year.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, VHSgoodiesWA said:

Paul Moyer and Colleen Williams on Southern California's #1 News, the Channel 4 News, taped 2/10/99

Didn't realize for that period they were using throwback OTS from the mid-late 80s - with the bold Helvetica italic and shiny outline.

Now looking back, the whole thing - open with a big 3D effect and talent shots, simple lower thirds, was a bit of a throwback to 'what worked' before the tabloid style of 93. Would have been great if they went back that that 80s style '4' logo.

Edited by sfomspphl
  • Like 1

Have we had video of the 1 minute version of "Memphis & Channel 3" yet? If not, here it is!

This channel also has other neat Memphis stuff, including a dual sign-on for WLMT & WMTU from 1990: 

And a post-TVX influence id for WMKW, WCAY in Nashville had a similar ID:

And some WMC newsbreaks from 1992/93 for good measure:

• Like 2

More Yakima stuff at this very late hour.

KNDO 7/9/91 opening minutes to NewsCenter 23 at 11 with Julie Hogan

And Ross Perich (normally their sports guy) doing double-duty when Julie is off late on Black Friday, 11/29/91. And watch for a young Monty Webb at his first-ever TV job. What's amazing is he's back in eastern WA out at KNDU and has been there for about six years now. He must love it here!

• Like 1