Classic Video Thread (pre-2008)

Jess

Rare stuff from AFRTS, taped in Germany. I don't think this would count for the international thread just because it's part of the U.S. government for military members and soldiers overseas.

A news break in this compilation of Feb. 1994 promos and PSAs from the Lillehammer Olympics.

NAVEUR Magazine, produced by the Naval Forces Europe squadron, 5/28/1994.

And American Forces Perspective from 4/2/94, which talks about Operation Provide Promise and the air-drops in Bosnia.

• Like 2

KAMR Channel 4 (NBC Amarillo, TX): News 4 evening edition for Monday, Jan. 25, 1993, w/Mary Allison, Lynn Walker, Steve McCauley weather, and Steve Sain on sports

Edited by bmasters1
  • Like 1

You guys remember this Klein& theme, right? I don't know for the life of me what that was all about.

But anyway, apparently it found use on Panamericana Television in Peru for their news program Panorama
Here's one example in 1986 (at the end):

A 1991 close with that theme:

50 minutes worth (but probably incomplete, since no credits are shown) from the same year:

Around 1992, they started remixing the theme:

1998 remix:

A year later, it seems to have been remixed and rearranged again:

Definitely rearranged in 2000:

Of course, it was bound to have been retired by 2001, as this clip suggests:

If anyone can find full versions of this program, do tell.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/23/2017 at 1:47 AM, WWUpdate said:

And here's the launch edition of CityPulse -- I mean Citynoticias -- from CityTV in Bogota, Colombia, 1999:

And here is the full version (unfortunately, this copy has a few glitches in the encoding):

• Like 2

One of the things I love about YouTube is that you can encounter newscasts that you've never seen before. Well, what I am going to share with you is a rare newscast from WYFF-TV in Greenville, South Carolina. This newscast aired back in 1984, and features news anchors Carl Clark (formerly of KHQ-TV in Spokane, Washington) and Kim Brattain. You can go to 1:49 and view the news open using an open cut from Gari's classic "Hello News" music package.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, KnoxvilleTVFan said:

One of the things I love about YouTube is that you can encounter newscasts that you've never seen before. Well, what I am going to share with you is a rare newscast from WYFF-TV in Greenville, South Carolina. This newscast aired back in 1984, and features news anchors Carl Clark (formerly of KHQ-TV in Spokane, Washington) and Kim Brattain. You can go to 1:49 and view the news open using an open cut from Gari's classic "Hello News" music package.

Don't forget future former Arizona congressman J.D. Hayworth.

A few newscasts from what I call my "Fringe Edition" - Stations not based in the main area of the market (Huntington Beach vs. LA, Conroe vs. Houston, Allentown vs. Philly, Santa Rosa vs. San Francisco and Flagstaff vs. Phoenix), as well as some very cringe-worthy offerings (KKTM and KTBU, IMHO).

Bonus Points for anyone who makes it through Dan Patrick's KTBU "Newscast"...

Extra Bonus Point for KKTM's...

Edited by compubit
  • Like 3