Classic Video Thread (pre-2008)

Jess

After uploading clips from my most recent trips, I figured I'd go back to getting classic content back up.

Part of a KHOU 10 PM newscast from late 1988 which was on my old channel

And something new - a complete 10 PM newscast from KPRC - from May 10, 1985

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

At about 6 min in is a full 10pm KXII newscast from August 25, 1993. Looks to be very recent into using KPNX's 12 logo, as the previous logo can be see on the set:

https://archive.org/details/12_News_Late_Edition_CBS_WOC_1993-08-25

The same user also uploaded a full KTEN newscast from January 22, 1995, when they were an ABC/NBC/Fox station:

https://archive.org/details/Newscenter_10_KTEN_NBC_WOC_1995-01-22

• Like 2

6 hours ago, newsteam13 said:

NEVER-BEFORE-SEEN News Intros from KNBC during its NEWS 4 LA days...AND WITH PRISTINE QUALITY!!!!

And sound, too-- a stereo version of the opening title track!

In fact, I especially enjoyed seeing the evening edition (LA at 6) openings-- all the other anchors besides Kelly Lange and John Beard not only had their faces shown and names billed just like Kelly and John did, but also had separate smaller title cards beside them for their segments (like in the attached example with sports man Fred Roggin, who had a card to the right of his image [each one alternated] that had the Sports 4LA title and Fred's signature on a dark blue gridded background).

To @SoFloTVClassics, thanks for finding these and putting them up-- I had seen evening edition openings aplenty from Channel 4 News/NBC4 News, but never ones from News 4 LA until now!

knbc1984eveningeditionsports.jpg

• Like 3

WLS 10pm open from 8/13/1984 that followed an ABC Olympics highlight show. Anchoring is Mary Ann Childers...

...with new weekend anchor Mike Jackson, fresh from WMAQ. Mary Ann gets top billing, as John Drury has not yet arrived from WGN, hence the pregnant pause between names, and not an "and."

Oh, and AM Chicago Oprah.

Edited by 24994J
  • Like 2

Couple of real rarities uploaded by btm0815ma over the past few days. Among them...

Some Super Bowl II reports filed by Ted Koppel (!)

And possibly the earliest complete ABC newscast I know of, from January 25, 1968 (one of the first after Bob Young took over the lead anchor job when it was determined Peter Jennings was clearly too green to be a network anchor)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, WAVY 10 Fan said:

And possibly the earliest complete ABC newscast I know of, from January 25, 1968 (one of the first after Bob Young took over the lead anchor job when it was determined Peter Jennings was clearly too green to be a network anchor)

So it sounds like NBC Nightly News wasn't the first network newscast to have a "news theme" although I'm sure it was probably library music. 

• Like 2

2002 newscast from KCOP Los Angeles. Very tabloid, even for UPN. It's not even WSVN where you get hard news in a flashy format, this is beyond Inside edition!

The co-anchor is Lauren Sanchez, Jeff Bezos' gf.

KCOP's highly sensationalized style as exemplified by their promos from that era:

Edited by iron_lion