Classic Video Thread (pre-2008)

Jess

A full hour block of CNN Headline News from July 13, 1987 - the day that CNN and HN moved from its Techwood Drive studios to its then-new location at CNN Center:

Previously posted on YouTube, here's the very first CNN broadcast from CNN Center on the same date:

Edited by Chris Hadley
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, sfomspphl said:

KTVU Noon 7/1993 - from the early-mid 90s period they used Brave New World for the Noon and early evening weekend newscast

They were still using tube cameras in 1993? Look at that characteristic “smearing” of the ambulance lights at the beginning.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Jared DiCarlo said:

They were still using tube cameras in 1993? Look at that characteristic “smearing” of the ambulance lights at the beginning.

I'd be willing to bet that was stringer footage. Amusing to see this top story since I live a few blocks from this spot (which is still a taqueria); a good reminder of how much the hood has changed since the early 90s.  

Edited by caliwxdude
  • Like 3

17 hours ago, SoFloTVClassics said:

KLAS 80s Newscast

Rare find of a station that ran Telesound And You + Signature together like KPIX and WCIX - some cuts I haven't heard since the 80s there.

Looks like someone at KLAS posted a bumper a while back

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Jared DiCarlo said:

A full newscast of WRGB from March 4, 2000 (10 days before I was born!). The weatherman is Mike Augustyniak (now at WCCO). This was also in the early days of WRGB’s usage of the CBS Enforcer theme.

Wow! Exactly a year before I was born! Interesting our birthdays are so close!

Im guessing they had a period dumping CVD?

Edited by Info Junkie
  • Like 1

KHON Channel 2 Honolulu, HI: 1982 news brief with Barbara Tanabe, running down some of the stories for an upcoming late edition (from when that was the NBC station of Honolulu [it's now Fox, and the current NBC, KHNL, is part of the Hawaii News Now duopoly w/CBS station KGMB])

Edited by bmasters1
  • Like 1

KITV Channel 4 (ABC Honolulu, HI): 1996 News 4 early edition tease and opening with husband-and-wife anchors (you probably didn't know that) Gary Sprinkle and Pamela Young

And closing from that same early edition:

Edited by bmasters1
  • Like 1