Classic Video Thread (pre-2008)

Jess

Here’s something a little unusual. Back in 1996, WAGA had a story on the making of Cartoon Network’s hit show, Space Ghost Coast to Coast! Features footage of George Lowe (the voice of Space Ghost) recording his lines, as well as the writer’s meeting and animation process.

• Like 2

On 9/9/2020 at 9:25 PM, hmaxhanson said:

Here's a real rarity from ewjxn, the first 5 minutes of KCBD's Eyewitness 11ews from June 4, 1979. The station ID also mentions their then satellite station KSWS-TV 8 in Roswell (now KOB satellite KOBR), which aired their own newscast in place of KCBD's called the New Mexico Report.

That's quite the creative Eyewitness News title, especially for the NBC station of Lubbock (I think that's what KCBD was then, and still is now)-- the 1s of the channel number, separated by a large diagonal bar, forming a sort of N design (and thereby making the title Eyewitness 11ews, as quoted in the caption on the post).

• Like 2

While looking around on YouTube via their mobile app, I came across a rare KERO 23 News noon broadcast from the mid 1980s. It includes a news open with an unknown theme.

Also included is a blooper reel with news open at the beginning.

Edited by KnoxvilleTVFan
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, 8Viewer said:

From 1990, some WTSP material, including a "Tampa Bay is Watching Channel 10" network tie-in with ABC. Various station IDs and NewsCenter 10 teases:

Pannoni has posted a lot of late 80’s-early 90s WTSP clips on his multiple channels lately. I probably saw some of these commercials live as a kid as my mom watched ABC soap operas back in the day before she went back to work when my sister reached school age in 1992. Now if we could only get some newscasts from this era.  

Edited by jerseyfla
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, jerseyfla said:

Pannoni has posted a lot of late 80’s-early 90s WTSP clips on his multiple channels lately. I probably saw some of these commercials live as a kid as my mom watched ABC soap operas back in the day before she went back to work when my sister reached school age in 1992. Now if we could only get some newscasts from this era.  

1989-92 is my favorite era of WTSP. Hoping a talent open with John and Sheryl turns up (there's been some brief intros). I was curious to see if WTSP had any network tie-ins with ABC and they did. 

And from 1993, a WTSP "Special Report" on severe weather with Dennis Feltgen, now with the National Hurricane Center:

Here are some classic WSVN newscasts featuring TM Productions' "All The News":

In the late 1970s, Bakersfield, California's channel 17 (now KGET) became KPWR-TV and adopted a new nickname for the station. The station would be known as "K-Power, The New 17" and with it, 5 million watts of power.

Here is a CBS "We're Comin' On" promo as aired n KPWR-TV.

On 9/15/2020 at 2:10 PM, KnoxvilleTVFan said:

Here are some classic WSVN newscasts featuring TM Productions' "All The News":

WSVN wasn't the only one during the 1980s. Here in Denver, KCNC Channel 4 had its share too.

That Denver station too had its NewsCenter circle channel number branding because KCNC's newscasts was branded NewsCenter 4. Not to mention KCNC also used All the News by TM productions. On top of both factors, both stations were NBC affiliates back in the day before heading off to other networks. WSVN switched from NBC to FOX in 1989, and it was the start of FOX attitude for local newscasts on other FOX affiliates. KCNC switched from NBC to CBS in 1995

Therefore, WSVN and KCNC had three things in common: the NewsCenter circle logo branding, the use of All The News by TM, and they were both NBC affiliates during that time. The only difference is this. KCNC was owned by NBC's parent company GE, and then by the network itself. Now, it's a CBS O&O station in the Mile High City. As for WSVN, it was (and still is) locally owned by Ed Ansin's Miami-based Sunbeam Television.

Edited by newsteam13