Classic Video Thread (pre-2008)

Jess

KPIX 1977 Insta cam promo

KPIX 1977 Red Eye theater close, Editorial and sign off.

As we approach 40 years since the eruption of Mt. St. Helens. I provide you with 1980 Seattle TV coverage.

WKRC 1979 News snippet with Nick Clooney

WLUK Newscenter 11 promo, 

Weather and close 1985

WJRT 1984 Newscast

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, SoFloTVClassics said:

KPIX 1977 Insta cam promo

KPIX 1977 Red Eye theater close, Editorial and sign off.

As we approach 40 years since the eruption of Mt. St. Helens. I provide you with 1980 Seattle TV coverage.

WKRC 1979 News snippet with Nick Clooney

WLUK Newscenter 11 promo, 

Weather and close 1985

WJRT 1984 Newscast

the 2nd clip was 7 years to the day before I was born

From btm0815ma: the Mon. Nov. 2, 1981 broadcast of WNT on ABC, wherein the announcer at the top bills Frank Reynolds as being in the then-new Washington newsroom for ABC, and at the bottom, Frank shows off some more of that then-new studio (he wouldn't have long to enjoy it, though, passing on in 1983 at 59)...

• Like 2

1988 NBC New Hampshire coverage (infamous for Kansas Senator Bob Dole's "stop lying about my record" swipe at Vice-President Bush following the Bush campaign's "Straddle" ad accusing Dole of favoring higher taxes)

April 17, 1974 edition of NBC Nightly News including coverage of the death of NBC correspondent Frank McGee

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SoFloTVClassics said:

WBTV 1986 clips

WCIX Newsbreak 1989

WTVJ 4 News Now promo 1992

That last segment in the WCIX (WFOR) Newsbreak; Shelly Jamison of KTSP (KSAZ) was out of the job for posing for Playboy.

• Haha 1

KGO "The Making of Channel 7 News" 1988

https://abc7news.com/entertainment/70-years-of-abc7--behind-the-scenes-of-tv-news-in-1988/5750478/

They posted it for their 70th anniversary, also did a really thoughtful tribute to 70s Van Amburg era

https://abc7news.com/society/70-years-of-abc7-van-amburg-the-1970s-and-a-tv-news-revolution/5748210/

• Like 1

WRC Washington, D.C.: 1980s promo campaign for NewsCenter 4 (the caption says it's from 1980, but I think this was really 1981 or '82), "We Can't Wait to Show You" (four separate promos: first a general one [for all editions], then 5:30 [early prime], 6 P.M. [evening edition, full-hour, 6-7], and 11 P.M. [late edition];) I think WRC really sold their product (at the time) remarkably well.