Classic Video Thread (pre-2008)

Jess

1 hour ago, WWUpdate said:

And staying in Chicago, this 1990s WGN compilation opens with three news/weather promos, including a pre-launch promo for the WGN Morning News:

These WGN promos look like they were produced 1993-1995, when WGN became a WB affiliate in 1995.

• Like 1

Here's a look at KSPR when it was known as "ABC 33".  I'm not certain exactly when this clip was recorded, but looking at Wikipedia KSPR rebranded from "ABC 33" to "Springfield 33" in 1998, so it's safe to assume this was perhaps 1997 or 1998.    If anyone knows more exactly when this was, I'd greatly appreciate learning that.   Also noteworthy is that you can see Sonya Kullmann when she was earlier in her TV career.  She would go on to KOLR10 where she anchored their morning newscasts in the 2000s, then replacing Joy Robertson as co-anchor in the evenings before leaving that station around 2012.  She is now with Mercy Hospital in Springfield.

Edited by TheRyan
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, Jared DiCarlo said:

Here’s Ed filling in for the weather after Bob fell off of the roof at home:

This video is stretching the bounds of this sub, but I think given the circumstances this applies. Never mind that a video from 2007 from this station would look near identical to one from when this was made but I digress.

For the 10th Anniversary of 9/11, Ed Dague did an interview recalling what went down that day. This was one of his last television appearances, prior to the WNYT tribute last night I thought it was his last but there was at least one more interview he did a couple years back. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, WWUpdate said:

Even considering its small market size, this doesn't feel like a newscast from 1990:

I also just learned about W call letters west of the Mississippi 

Edited by sfomspphl

38 minutes ago, hmaxhanson said:

Some new OKC stuff from Chris Sloan......

KWTV in the later days of Newsline 9:

KFOR with their Vance/EGAD look:

KOCO with the current logo but still under Gannett ownership:

I'm gonna say the template KFOR had in the old building for their set may have lasted for nearly THREE decades AND it survived 4 different ownerships (Palmer, New York Times, Local TV, Tribune) among other things. Oh and it survived through 2 tornadoes (June 1998, May 2003)

Edited by oknewsguy
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, oknewsguy said:

I'm gonna say the template KFOR had in the old building for their set may have lasted for nearly THREE decades AND it survived 4 different ownerships (Palmer, New York Times, Local TV, Tribune) among other things. Oh and it survived through 2 tornadoes (June 1998, May 2003)

KWTV had really slick graphics, that’s for sure.

12 hours ago, Samantha said:

This KIMA open is different from the others I've seen with Working For You...a lot cheaper but with a cool jazzy "late open" cut:

I believe WFMY used that cut too.

11 hours ago, Info Junkie said:

KWTV had really slick graphics, that’s for sure.

It's sooo ridiculously 90s... especially the first letter mismatched font type on the supers. I love it.

Edited by Ntropolis

On 11/28/2019 at 5:19 AM, Info Junkie said:

Hey, it’s the weird KOVR news open again!

Is that actually a cut of Earwitness News or not? Doesn't sound like it. Only other place I've heard it was, believe it or not, an old Kids in the Hall sketch. I assume it was some kind of generic package from a library, which would fit with KOVR's general MO of the time.