Classic Video Thread (pre-2008)

Jess

15 minutes ago, WWUpdate said:

What do we know about WMAQ's Daytime? This clip, featuring Nesita Kwan and Allison Rosati is from 1999; the setup gives out a vaguely "Good Morning Arizona" vibe:

I forgot that this existed, period, but I'm questioning the date, as Allison Rosati would've lead co-anchor, by that point. Why/how would she be doing a 10am show?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 24994J said:

I forgot that this existed, period, but I'm questioning the date, as Allison Rosati would've lead co-anchor, by that point. Why/how would she be doing a 10am show?

The YouTube description gives the date as March 1999, but we know how unreliable those descriptions can be.

By the way, here's a clip of KTVK's Good Morning Arizona from 1996 -- you'll see some similarities (although not nearly as much as KBWB, which adopted KTVK's format lock, stock, and barrel in the late 1990, but whose footage from that era has never made it online, at least as far as I know):

22 minutes ago, WWUpdate said:

The YouTube description gives the date as March 1999, but we know how unreliable those descriptions can be.

From that same account, a CLTV open from the late 90's, back when they were based in Oak Brook, IL, a decade before shacking up with WGN. Their former home, a business park, has since been torn down.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, 8Viewer said:

Damn, that's an awesome promo!! Big fan of KNBC from the '70s and '80s. 

The overall style is very similar to the well-known "Team to Watch" KNXT promos from a few years later. I wonder if they were produced by the same company that had switched clients in the meantime? (I remember reading that the KNXT promos were done by Collier Concepts.)

Edited by WWUpdate
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, WWUpdate said:

The overall style is very similar to the well-known "Team to Watch" KNXT promos from a few years later. I wonder if they were produced by the same company that had switched clients in the meantime? (I remember reading that the KNXT promos were done by Collier Concepts.)

Clearly off from WUSA and Sky News used it too. But many are those promos too good to resist.

16 minutes ago, 8Viewer said:

The music in the WISC newscast must have been distributed to CBS affiliates. It was used in a 1981 WTVJ promo.

I heard it in a WBTV promo, too. It has an uncanny resemblance to NBC’s Go Where The News Is promo that premiered not long after Steve Sohmer left CBS for NBC. 

7 hours ago, 8Viewer said:

The music in the WISC newscast must have been distributed to CBS affiliates. It was used in a 1981 WTVJ promo.

I seem to recall that this was the first Affiliate package CBS News offered to stations in the Dan Rather era...  WJBK Detroit used it for Newscast bumps during their "2 is the One: NewsBreakers"  era... Up I-75, WEYI Saginaw/Flint/Bay City also used this Affiliate package..

• Like 1