Classic Video Thread (pre-2008)

Jess

18 hours ago, newspulse said:

not much to say about this one and I know I'm at the tail end of the acceptable years for classic video but i'm just surprised that WCIA was using the old WBBM graphics in 2007. who else was usin these? also really vibin with the enforcer cut in this close.

we finally have nexstar endboards showin up in chicago and it'll always feel weird to me bc i associate seein those with being downstate, lol.

My favorite cut of the Enforcer -- essentially a straight cover of the original I Love Chicago:

17 hours ago, SoFloTVClassics said:

Today marks the 30th anniversary of the loma prieta earthquake. Here's a compilation.

For the sake of completeness, here's KTVK's coverage, complete with the director's track:

And here's Swiss TV coverage of the earthquake:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MikePulse said:

World News Tonight Sunday with Sam Donaldson, followed by WLS’s Eyewitness News. 8/31/80

holy crap, that renault ad at 24 minutes!!! between this and the president talkin about them, i feel like fate is gonna bring me a renault in the very near future...

also, you couldn't get away with larry's "newscastery" hair today. pure late 70s/early 80s aesthetic.

It’s raining Tulsa:

KTUL still using John B. Wells by 1989

KJRH kept using the same theme even during the morning hours (Russell Kinsaul worked there?!)

One of the earliest “6 in the Mornings” on YT

And Doc Morgan is a BIT TOO cheerful here.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, CircleSeven said:

WNDU used this theme for its weekend morning shows during the 90s & early 2000s.

I've heard this Killer Tracks theme used on local ads throughout the mid-90s.

For those wondering, it is production track 'Action News' from KT.

http://www.southernmedia-nmsa.com/#3,1,1347

Editor's note: Killer Tracks has now merged into Universal Production Music. Its old URL name now directs to UPM. Catalog remains intact.

WTSP 1994 promo for the switch to CBS programming:

At the beginning of November, WTSP was airing CBS This Morning and GMA had moved to WFTS. IIRC, primetime programming and network news did not make the switch until 12/12/94. I can only imagine how confused viewers were.

Edited by 8Viewer
  • Like 1