Classic Video Thread (pre-2008)

Jess

12 hours ago, Superdude said:

Actually WTOV used it until the summer olympics in '88 when they debuted a new logo with the '86 peacock.

It wasn’t that late. At least according to this ID before an episode of Super Password in May 1988 it wasn’t.

A "dead mall" enthusiast managed to "rescue" a cache of VHS tapes from the management offices of Milwaukee's abandoned Northridge Mall, among which was an entire episode of PM Magazine from WISN, circa Christmas Eve 1981:

Featuring all the original commercials, including a holiday-themed "My mom dressed me funny because of John Malan" and the holiday version of "Hello Milwaukee".

• Like 2

So it looks like KMTV changed from "News 3" to "NewsCenter 3" in 1979 but I was not expecting an updated version of their 1977 theme. Guessing that "Tuesday A" debuted at the very end of '79. Would love to see more of that KMTV "dream team"

Anybody know what happened to John McDonald after KMTV? Looks like he was gone by the end of 1980. 

On 9/21/2019 at 10:49 PM, Info Junkie said:

Chris Kapostasy (Jansing) does a special report on Albany businessman Francesco Galesi, during a WNYT newscast from the mid 80s:

This may sound stupid but I just learned that today. I didnt know she changed her name to her last name, Jansing. But I can see why NBC News recruited her from WNYT in 1998. She's really good and I enjoy her work.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SoFloTVClassics said:

WRC 1992 11 pm newscast

WHAS 11 News 1992

1994 KOCO promos

People you can count on KDBC TV!

News 4 El Paso 1995

Gee Pannoni, THANK YOU for uploading right after I updated KDBC....

Also good to see some more of that short-lived KOCO era. Never got why they switched so much...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SoFloTVClassics said:

A treasure trove of news clips from Columbus, OH from 1996-1998

— WCMH was in the midst of a transition period from News 4 to NewsChannel 4 in the first clip. NBC had just bought them from Outlet and was tacking on the peacock and chimes in every place they could. They were still on that set as recently as 2008. I will say, I like their hybrid WNBC/WRC era — WNBC’s on air bug with WRC’s graphics. 

— WSYX was dead last in the late 1990s, yet they had such a quality team... Bob Hetherington, Terri Sullivan, Charlene Brown, Carol Luper... I like what Sinclair has done for WSYX over the last 20 years, especially post-NewsCentral. They’ve become like a second flagship for them. 

— No 10TV, save for KidsNews Network? KNN was pretty innovative for its time, though!

Edited by ColDayNews
  • Thanks 1