Classic Video Thread (pre-2008)

Jess

@Samantha This KUTV commercial break has a slide (5:56) with a clearly audible glimpse of a news theme.

And in this break uploaded by the same guy is a slide for WTHR’s John Stehr (23:07) which is animated EXACTLY the same as the KSNW/KSNT open.

Edited by Info Junkie

3 hours ago, Jared DiCarlo said:

Man, I miss these graphics so much. Thanks for finding this!

Considering the changes that just happened at 13 now, I definitely want to feel nostalgic. It hasn’t helped that this is the week I’ve moved into college.

Sticking with more KUTV, here’s a rather creepy promo on them going stereo in 1986:

4 hours ago, Info Junkie said:

Considering the changes that just happened at 13 now, I definitely want to feel nostalgic. It hasn’t helped that this is the week I’ve moved into college.

Sticking with more KUTV, here’s a rather creepy promo on them going stereo in 1986:

Why do I have a sudden urge to watch Supermarket Sweep?

• Haha 4

10 minutes of a WTAE newscast from January 20, 1980, the night the Pittsburgh Steelers won their fourth Super Bowl. Most of the open included too. At the end you see part of KDKA’s news open from that same night, which KDKA posted on their own website 10 years ago. Which was the last time the Steelers won a Super Bowl.

Edited by jerseyfla
Link
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, jerseyfla said:

10 minutes of a WTAE newscast from January 20, 1980, the night the Pittsburgh Steelers won their forth Super Bowl. Most of the open included too. At the end you see part of KDKA’s news open from that same night, which KDKA posted on their own website 10 years ago. Which was the last time the Steelers won a Super Bowl.

Love the custom version of the Classical Gas open, with the football footage and all.

Betcha NO ONE was watching WIIC then.

23 minutes ago, Info Junkie said:

Love the custom version of the Classical Gas open, with the football footage and all.

Betcha NO ONE was watching WIIC then.

The only viewership WIIC got in the 70s was when the Steelers played on Sundays and Pirates played on The Game of The Week on NBC.  If it weren't for the Steelers success starting in 1972, I'd think WPXI would still remain a laggard in the ratings. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hmaxhanson said:

A tiny bit of WMTV from November 1996, obviously inspired by WCMH from back then: 

The funny thing is — WCMH dumped that package and Signature a few months later for Prime News and rebranding to NewsChannel 4, this was just the placeholder from when NBC took over operations after merging with Outlet. 

Here's the end of KGW's broadcast day for February 12-13, 1982, which includes an audio only news update, followed by the sign-off itself, with the national anthem used at WOIO/WTGI/WGHP and other TVbD stations (could it possibly from the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra?)

• Like 1