Classic Video Thread (pre-2008)

Jess

9 hours ago, SoFloTVClassics said:

WJBF 1988 News Annnnnd You.

That's the latest use I've ever seen of any station using And You! Then again, this is the same station who is still living in 2009 graphics-wise!

Heres more of that newscast, including a bumper at the end using "Say Hello":

The very beginning of Great News Package on WKYC:

• Like 3

I've been watching retrospective clips on WTVH syracuse. What a station in this land that truly fell from grace. Curse Granite forever, how that still exists I don't know (should've folded the time they sold KOFY TV in SF) Mind you the abandoned building they've had for yrs still stand. I know it still 'exists' as CBS 5 News but that's like the same team who does sister station WSTM 3 thru simulcast. Can anyone recall such fall from grace similar to 'TVH?

This next clip is heartbreaking front + back. Including near the end with Photo Montage is WTVH's 'You've got a friend' Jingle from Gari (with extended and other cuts) Included in the clips below include Kathy Orr, Tracy Davidson, Lee Goldberg, Mike Tirico, Adam Zucker + of course David Muir. Al Roker is in the clip above.

Edited by justin2kx
  • Like 1

On 8/25/2019 at 10:47 AM, hmaxhanson said:

That's the latest use I've ever seen of any station using And You! Then again, this is the same station who is still living in 2009 graphics-wise!

Heres more of that newscast, including a bumper at the end using "Say Hello":

What works works in that market, considering they only have 1 other news competitor in WRDW/WAGT (WFXG only starting local news a couple years ago as WTOC did their news for years). And George Myers is still there.

Some assorted goods from the home state, including a couple of hourly updates (one at the 6:25 mark, another at 7:26...the latter during the transition from the Gilmer package to the Wow+Flutter package).

From The SBC Archive, Peter Jennings' historic 24 hour coverage of the worldwide New Millennium celebrations on ABC (playlist in 12 parts):

Dan Rather's coverage of the New Millennium celebrations on CBS:

NBC's coverage of the New Millennium celebrations with Tom Brokaw and Katie Couric, among many:

Edited by Chris Hadley
  • Like 2

The last few minutes of a WFLD Chicago Newsbreak, 1970. How low budget was their operation then? The logo is hanging on a wire in front of the backdrop current, dangling and bobbing with every draft and breeze.

Edited by 24994J
  • Haha 2