Classic Video Thread (pre-2008)

Jess

On 8/9/2019 at 9:52 PM, tw-804 said:

A full WYOU 11pm newscast from May 29th, 1998. This was the last newscast from Scranton before they moved to WBRE's studios in Wilkes-Barre.

Those L3 graphics were straight out of the 80s! And mid 80s at that.

• Like 2

To Long Island, NY: A promo for WLIG's (now WLNY) then-new newscast from 1985. The theme is a DeWolfe Music production track called "Newsweek" (the NMSA listed it as the "WLIG 1986 News Theme") . How did I know this, you ask? I was bored and I was just listening to some tracks from DeWolfe's site. WWBT here in Richmond, VA also used it in the early 1980s for their newscasts.

From June 5, 1994, WWL and then-ABC station WVUE's 10 PM newscasts:

Continuing with that vintage New Orleans flavor, here's a partial WDSU Newscenter 6 at 10 PM from August 5, 1985 (courtesy jacky9br):

Another partial newscast, this one a 6 PM WWL Eyewitness News edition from January 13, 1984 (again from jacky9br):

From an overnight rebroadcast, a full edition of WDSU's 10 PM news from November 7, 1994:

A pre-Katrina WWL newscast from April 22, 2005:

WWL's Eyewitness News Nightwatch from Super Bowl 26 eve, 1992:

And a WWL 10 PM newscast from April 4, 2002:

• Like 2