Classic Video Thread (pre-2008)

Jess

30 minutes ago, WWUpdate said:

From Phoenix, a treasure trove of KTVK promos from the '80s, '90s, and '00s, including many never seen before online:

All the creative work of Richard Holland. Mainly 1986-87 to 1996-97.

I liked the short at the end featuring Del and Jewell Lewis, Bill Miller, and the rest of MAC America's management, explaining their growth potential (which didn't come to be after the sold KTVK in 1999).

Edited by TVIntheDesert
  • Like 2

I'm still trying to get my jaw off the floor and I'm halfway through that video compilation. Not just the KTVK stuff but the co-owned MAC America properties (Phoenix Magazine, KE(S)Z, etc. (Also, several Steve Wood-voiced ads, before he began working with Cox and by extension half our local TV advertisers...)

• Like 1

On 7/20/2019 at 11:26 AM, SoFloTVClassics said:

Happy 50th anniversary Apollo 11's Landing on the Moon. July 20, 1969.

CBS News

NBC News

ABC News

The International Video thread may be a better fit for this, but since we're on the subject of the moon landing, let's keep it all in one place...

ARD (WDR), West Germany, part 1:

Part 2: 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You all better sit down for this one, I just found the full 1 minute version of WFLA/WXFL's The Spirit of Tampa Bay song! And on a tape of mine too!

And @Info Junkie, since this is such a huge find, I give you full permission to upload this onto your channel.

Edited by hmaxhanson
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, hmaxhanson said:

You all better sit down for this one, I just found the full 1 minute version of WFLA/WXFL's The Spirit of Tampa Bay song! And on a tape of mine too!

And @Info Junkie, since this is such a huge find, I give you full permission to upload this onto your channel.

You just made my morning. Fantastic find!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, hmaxhanson said:

...and the spirit grows stronger every day.

• Like 1