Classic Video Thread (pre-2008)

Jess

The video below is from Australia, but it's a remake of a classic American promo. Unfortunately, I can't remember which stations used it -- I think it was featured in Newsactive3's promo compilations, among other places. Can anyone help me out?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WWUpdate said:

The video below is from Australia, but it's a remake of a classic American promo. Unfortunately, I can't remember which stations used it -- I think it was featured in Newsactive3's promo compilations, among other places. Can anyone help me out?

KFSN and WBNS, I believe IIRC, were two I can recall right now that used a promo structure like this.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, TheRolyPoly said:

KFSN and WBNS, I believe IIRC, were two I can recall right now that used a promo structure like this.

WTAE, too... and with a sequel.

Edited by capsgm2002
  • Like 4

On 6/18/2019 at 7:10 PM, jerseyfla said:

Partial KDKA 2 Eyewitness News October 17, 1979. The night the Pittsburgh Pirates won the World Series.

To add to this. Here is coverage from the Big 3 Pittsburgh stations of the Pirates World Series parade. Beginning with the end of the KDKA newscast I linked earlier. 

• Like 2

A section of WTLV news from April 1990. Part of a story on film production in the First Coast, worries about Maxwell House leaving town (Jacksonville eventually headed off a push from Hoboken, NJ, for Max to relocate there, and today this is the only plant the company has), a murder, murder statistics and part of a story on the death of AIDS victim Ryan White:

1 hour ago, TexasTVNews said:

24 Years ago, Yesterday...

Hard to believe the 1994-96 affiliation shuffles will be officially 25 years old on September 3rd. I feel incredibly old.

(I say this 3 days after graduating high school)

Good news! Most dead link videos in this thread should be working again, as the FuzzyMemories YouTube account has been reinstated, assuredly without the heavily-copyrighted material that got it removed, in the first place. One of their first posts upon return is ol' Skippy introducing a package on 4th of July safety.

Edited by 24994J
  • Like 5

Fantastic! Speaking of Phoenix stations covering California earthquakes, tonight might me a good time to repost this -- KTVK's coverage of the 1989 Bay Area Earthquake with the director's track:

• Like 1

Courtesy ewjxn, a squeeze tease for WDSU's weekend edition of Newscenter 6 at 10 from December 1, 1985. Talent ID's are also included. 

Stay tuned this Tuesday when the newscast itself (90% of it) will be uploaded on ewjxn's channel!

From the pannoni4 channel, a June 30, 1981 edition of the CBS Evening News. To my knowledge, this is the first time I've run across a CBS newscast from the period where they were transitioning from the Walter Cronkite era graphics to use Handel Gothic as the font before switching early in 1982 to the Serifa typeface used until late November 1987.

https://youtu.be/AQVZ9Otul7o