Classic Video Thread (pre-2008)

Jess

KGTV 1993

Classic KGTV Midday edition with Jack White and Laura Buxton...

Opening Day at Del Mar

From The Jack White Collection

Edited by Eat News
Shaun,Ovan-She's a Hipster .. https://youtu.be/ZlAz7EuzViA

With my Youtube find from yesterday, how about I post the next year with the Philadelphia Phillies winning the 1980 World Series. I found this a few years ago, it has post game/celebration news coverage with channel flipping through all 3 Philly TV stations and post game coverage from WPHL who was the long time OTA flagship for the Phillies at that time. 

One question comes to mind. When did League Championship Series and World Series games stop being carried by the team's OTA Flagship station? I knew WPHL did their own coverage of the 1980 NLCS parallel with ABC's coverage but it was interesting to see KDKA show the World Series when they are a CBS affiliate showing a game off of ABC.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, hmaxhanson said:

Lots of KDKA promos (many new to YT, including the full Renaissance 2 promo!) dating back to the 1980's, beginning with a raw news open:

That’s a neat KDKA open that so far only had the helicopter portion here on YT (6:54):

Really it’s odd considering how KDKA was the news leader and WPXI was the ratings doormat, yet there’s more 80s ‘PXI material. Kinda similar to Indy and Cincy - their news leaders (WISH/WRTV and WKRC/WCPO) don’t have as much material as their last placers (WTHR and WLWT).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ramona said:

Wow that B/W film from Winston-Salem is a treat! There's also Raleigh — the short-lived WNAO-TV 28.

The KPTM clip is good stuff. The Old Mill Toyota ad has the voice of WCMH Columbus around this time, too.

His name is Jim Morgan. NMSA still needs to identify him along with Bob Perry and Jeff Ellingson.

• Like 2