Classic Video Thread (pre-2008)

Jess

Good news everyone!* I just got myself a capture card, and now I'll be able to share with you all some of the rare goodies from my growing tape collection, starting off with this recording of the ABC News Weekend Report from August 23, 1987, taped off KVUE in Austin and complete with sign-off! 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/tvidents/permalink/1242947899196159/

*With apologies to Futurama.

Edited by hmaxhanson
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, hmaxhanson said:

For the second of my tape captures, I'm now pleased to share you this mega-rare newsbrief from WMBB from January 16, 1984. And before you ask, I don't have any more from this era, yet!

That WMBB news theme is one of my favorite news themes. I remember hearing this theme on the old Geocities TV News Themes website. Henry, I want you to know that you made my night and I can't wait to see some more classic video. 

13 minutes ago, KnoxvilleTVFan said:

That WMBB news theme is one of my favorite news themes. I remember hearing this theme on the old Geocities TV News Themes website. Henry, I want you to know that you made my night and I can't wait to see some more classic video. 

Why thank you Derrick. I've got a few rare goodies, sadly no more 80's PC news, but I've still got some surprises up my sleeve!

19 hours ago, WWUpdate said:

An annotated look at 30 years of WLS morning news promos:

While WLS preferred a straightforward, just-the-facts approach to its morning news in the early 1990s, WMAQ responded with a more wacky, informal newscast titled First Thing in the Morning, featuring the antics of Bob Sirott, a former WLS-AM disc jockey:

Edited by WWUpdate
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2