Classic Video Thread (pre-2008)

Jess

12 hours ago, Info Junkie said:

I have made a demo reel featuring some news opens (I believe) to be designed by some unknown graphics company from the mid 1990s. I’ve been researching about this company’s whereabouts for years and haven’t found any luck.

It wouldn't be TVbD would it?

2 hours ago, TSSZNews said:

It wouldn't be TVbD would it?

Doubtful it's TVbD because I saw the KCNC news open (1995-97), and it doesn't look like TVbD to me. This was when after NBC sold KCNC to CBS. 

The only clients in Denver I know were KWGN and KUSA. KWGN was TVbD's first client in Denver, which began in the 1980s when Channel 2 was an independent station before the WB in 1995 (now as CW affiliate). Then, KUSA became TVbD's second Denver client. This was after 9NEWS moved to its new (and current) building in 1992, and before/after it switched from ABC to NBC in 1995.

12 hours ago, channel2 said:

They also did the graphics that KMGH introduced in 1998.

SHOOT! Your'e Right! That makes KMGH ABC7 the THIRD Denver client of TVbD

• KWGN was Denver client #1 in the 80s until about 1993
  • KUSA was the Denver client #2 from 1992 about mid-2000s
  • KMGH was Denver client #3 from 1998 until unknown
Edited by newsteam13
  • Like 2

From January 25, 1981 (courtesy ewjxn): a partial WVUE New Orleans "Newscene 8" 10 PM newscast. Features ABC News reports on the freed American hostages and local coverage of Super Bowl XV, which the Oakland Raiders won that day over the Philadelphia Eagles in the Superdome, 27-10.

http://youtu.be/4J0CYn4VD0U

Edited by Chris Hadley

1 hour ago, Info Junkie said:

Ken Watts went to WAGA afterwards, which itself launched a 5pm newscast in January 1988... with ANOTHER new open set? AND Ernie Anderson NOT on an ABC station?!!!!!

This is a surprise. You never expect Ernie Anderson to announce a newscast open on a CBS affiliate, because of his famous work with ABC stations. I will tell you this though, the set looks nice and the open animation is good.

38 minutes ago, KnoxvilleTVFan said:

This is a surprise. You never expect Ernie Anderson to announce a newscast open on a CBS affiliate, because of his famous work with ABC stations. I will tell you this though, the set looks nice and the open animation is good.

On an actual ABC station in 1991 - rival WSB Channel 2 Action News - Now THAT was more like it. 

Edited by newsteam13
  • Like 1

On 3/22/2019 at 7:32 PM, WWUpdate said:

Miami's WTVJ takes a look back at its first 70 years -- with plenty of historical footage:

And to think nearly a decade ago, they were very close to getting sold off to Post Newsweek and being merged with WPLG. To see this, even though they might not be first place, they still are doing things as close to the Renick Way as possible is nothing short of impressive.

• Like 2

On 3/24/2019 at 5:38 PM, Info Junkie said:

Live 5 News Nightwatch!!!!

That’s some really rare stuff. Only 7 months before Hurricane Hugo hit Charleston. Also weird not to see Bill Sharpe. I guess he only did the 6:30pm news at the time. Mike Hiott later hosted the noon show “Midday”, then went to WCIV before he retired about 15 years ago.