Classic Video Thread (pre-2008)

Jess

3 hours ago, WWUpdate said:

A 1989 promo for WLS's 10 p.m. news:

Here's related source material for that clip. The station's promotions department posted some portions of their 1989 sales presentation. The first one here is for news, the second featuring their 6-10am morning schedule- World News This Morning, Eyewitness News This Morning, Good Morning America, and The Oprah Winfrey Show.

Edited by 24994J
  • Like 5

Rare promo from WTSP's "NewsCenter 10" era. Would love to find more!

After I posted, I found this gem Dec. 1991 with a "NewsCenter 10" intro:

Edited by 8Viewer
NewsCenter 10 intro found!
  • Like 1

On 3/2/2019 at 9:43 PM, Info Junkie said:

How did we miss this?!

Also NewsActive3’s latest video has lots of WHP and WPTM goodies - including their Third Coast open and a 2001 open! @susquvalleywgal

I reposted the Third Coast open for my pleasure:

I loved when WHP CBS21 had the THIRD COAST theme.  I wish they would’ve kept it.  One of those good news themes where you can’t help yourself humming to it from time to time.  

— Matt

A KWCH retrospective on Roger Cornish - includes a look at the 1983 call letter change and a news open (covered up a bit by dialogue) at 5:47!

Sticking to the area, a look at KAKE News from 1994!

Edited by Info Junkie
Found another Wichita rarity
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, WWUpdate said:

Do we know what Joel Daly was doing at KABC in 1972? Was it some sort of an exchange?

Maybe a tryout, but since nothing came of it, he was just filling in. That was a thing back then, like local anchors going to New York to anchor the network weekend news.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, WWUpdate said:

WLS, morning news promo, 1990:

Anyone know who the VO guy is?  He also voiced this WNBC promo:

Hal Riney did the voiceovers for these spots. He was also a legendary advertising executive who was best known for creating President Reagan's 1984 "It's Morning Again In America" ad, which helped catapult Reagan to a second term in office. Riney also produced/voiced ads for Ernest and Julio Gallo Wines and Saturn, among many others.

https://adage.com/article/agency-news/a-back-hal-riney-contrarian/303207/

• Like 1