Classic Video Thread (pre-2008)

Jess

In honor of John McCaa's retirement and final newscast tomorrow, I'm right now uploading four vintage WFAA from the 1990's.

1. WFAA Newsbrief (5/20/1990)

2. WFAA News 8 Update Sunday Tease & Open (5/20/1990)

3. WFAA News 8 Update (11/23/1995) Full Newscast

and 4. WFAA News 8 Update (1/28/1994) Full Newscast

Edited by TexasTVNews
Updated Report
  • Like 1

Here is the first part of a WDEF noon newscast from Christmas Eve 1987.. This newscast was anchored that day by Rebecca Williams (then Rebecca Cook) and features a news open. WVII's 1992 news theme was used five years earlier as WDEF may have been one of the first to use this theme.

Also, here is a WDEF nightside open from that same period, but a different version of the theme. You can see the open at 26:51.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, KnoxvilleTVFan said:

Here is the first part of a WDEF noon newscast from Christmas Eve 1987.. This newscast was anchored that day by Rebecca Williams (then Rebecca Cook) and features a news open. WVII's 1992 news theme was used five years earlier as WDEF may have been one of the first to use this theme.

Also, here is a WDEF nightside open from that same period, but a different version of the theme. You can see the open at 26:51.

I really despise how the top part of the previous background still appears as each open scene changes (speaking for the “Nightside” open).

If you don’t know what I’m talking about there is an attached screenshot I took while watching the open that can sum it up.

Though honestly I’d rather give Park points here for including a (possibly) custom news theme for WDEF instead of using something another station has used.

2061E0CE-DC5E-4C39-B142-77461B555C5E.png

KABC 1974 Newscast

KABC 50 years of Eyewitness News

1983 WOOD TV Promo

1987 KDEB partial newscast

1992/3 Rodney King verdict

WKBD 10 o'clock news 1994 in it's final month as a FOX affiliate.

KPDX FOX 49 News 1997

Edited by SoFloTVClassics
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, SoFloTVClassics said:

1987 KDEB partial newscast

It's great that you posted this KDEB newscast featuring Doug Ohlmeyer from 1986. The theme heard is an ABC production piece from Score Productions. The piece was used on at least one ABC Sports program. The newscast was months before KDEB lost its ABC affiliation to Telepictures-owned KSPR 33.

Also, the channel also featured some stories from Doug Ohlmeyer when he worked for CBS affiliate KLMG-TV (now Nexstar-owned FOX affiliate KFXK) in Tyler/Longview, TX.

Edited by KnoxvilleTVFan
Edited a misspelled word.

2 hours ago, KnoxvilleTVFan said:

It's great that you posted this KDEB newscast featuring Doug Ohlmeyer from 1986. The theme heard is an ABC production piece from Score Productions. The piece was used on at least one ABC Sports program. The newscast was months before KDEB lost its ABC affiliation to Telepictures-owned KSPR 33.

Also, the channel also featured some stories from Doug Ohlmeyer when he worked for CBS affiliate KLMG-TV (now Nexstar-owned FOX affiliate KFXK) in Tyler/Longview, TX.

However KDEB used the early 1980s ABC horse racing theme until they switched to FOX.

9 minutes ago, KSON17 said:

However KDEB used the early 1980s ABC horse racing theme until they switched to FOX.

Ohlmeyer mentions it being exactly one year since the tragedy unfolded, so this is June 17, 1986. By this time they were indeed no longer the ABC affiliate.

12 hours ago, Ramona said:

Ohlmeyer mentions it being exactly one year since the tragedy unfolded, so this is June 17, 1986. By this time they were indeed no longer the ABC affiliate.

KDEB's last day as an ABC affiliate was October 5, and their newscast ended on July 25.

@Info Junkie, you might want to upload this yourself, it's the rare First News/Nowhere Else campaign from WHO-TV which I previously thought was exclusive to CTV stations: 

5 hours ago, hmaxhanson said:

KDEB's last day as an ABC affiliate was October 5, and their newscast ended on July 25.

@Info Junkie, you might want to upload this yourself, it's the rare First News/Nowhere Else campaign from WHO-TV which I previously thought was exclusive to CTV stations: 

No darn way! That’s a real birthday gift right there!

Btw today is my actual birthday. I’m 18 years old.

2 minutes ago, Info Junkie said:

No darn way! That’s a real birthday gift right there!

Btw today is my actual birthday. I’m 18 years old.

Well, congrats! Your posts don't look like that of an 18 year old, they're very professional!

Did someone order some Wichita clips?

• Like 1