Classic Video Thread (pre-2008)

Jess

7 hours ago, Info Junkie said:

This is an utter gold mine. I’ve always loved KCNC’s opens, especially all the opens that showed shots of Denver with the “Image” package playing... Newsmusic Central’s work at KCNC is so underrated.

And wow, Carlos Amezcua worked there?

I hope you get to do an update the KCNC News Opens compilations T.L Hughes made soon

Also, did Bob Palmer stopped anchoring the 10pm news sometime in Early 1993? I noticed that he and Bill Stuart was anchoring coverage of the 1992 Presidential Election about 9 minutes into the video

1 hour ago, oknewsguy said:

I hope you get to do an update the KCNC News Opens compilations T.L Hughes made soon

Also, did Bob Palmer stopped anchoring the 10pm news sometime in Early 1993? I noticed that he and Bill Stuart was anchoring coverage of the 1992 Presidential Election about 9 minutes into the video

I actually might... I’m targeting Atlanta as well...

Jacky has been updating the ID montages from Shreveport, too.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Info Junkie said:

I actually might... I’m targeting Atlanta as well...

I hope to see some more never-seen-before KCNC opens from around the NBC-to-CBS transition to the present. What Trevor Trail was able to pull off from the 80s to 1994 is amazing

On 11/28/2018 at 5:37 PM, Ramona said:

Whoops, I was wrong — it was March 1981 that they dropped "NewsCenter 2".

Sheesh, KTVI was changing imaging more than its underwear... (The Fox OSI theme has lasted longer than the last four music packages they used combined!)

We don't have any early-80s 'HTM to really say, unfortunately.

Though I did find this 1979 WTPA (!!) sportscast (the callsign change was in 1980 and this is January 27, 1979):

And this will be his 40th anniversary with abc27/WHTM later this month. Looking forward to see what's in for him during this special occasion. CC: @susquvalleywgal

• Like 1

That channel of Cuban exile stuff has...WKAQ Puerto Rico material! With the legendary Aníbal González Irizarry. "Aquí las noticiaaaas en detallleeeee"...

The theme is the newsbreak theme from The Osterman Weekend, which KOMU also used.

Also some WLII and WAPA clips:

Peter Jennings anchoring a weekend ABC News Brief during the network's coverage of the 1984 Summer Olympics. Includes a promo of ABC's team for the Republican National Convention, using the jingle "We're With You".

Edited by onthesea
  • Like 2

Have I got a GOLD MINE for you! A very rare WCIX "Eyewitness News" (before WPLG would claim it from 1983-2001) intro and theme music.

https://m.facebook.com/groups/57138424147?view=permalink&id=10153187842924148&anchor_composer=false

There's more vintage WCIX material on the say six facebook page.

• Like 2