Classic Video Thread (pre-2008)

Jess

On 12/17/2018 at 4:54 PM, Info Junkie said:

WYFF from 1993!!!! 2 months later they would go JCBD.

Noticed how young Michael was then (apparently in his early 30s)-- he's graying now in his late 50s. Also, noticed when Geoff Hart was on sports there then (in that Clemson/Carolina Big Game commercial); he's a morning edition man now alongside Amanda Crawford, with Dale Gilbert being the weatherman.

1 hour ago, JacobC said:

I still wish the YouTube channel will unblock it for access 

No, it was full on terminated. It's completely gone now. He would have to start over. But until then, Houston TV material on YT has become as scarce as markets like Ft. Myers or Madison. 

I'd completly forgotten that Florida's News Channel was a thing!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Tr3u_ND1bo

10 hours ago, hmaxhanson said:

No, it was full on terminated. It's completely gone now. He would have to start over. But until then, Houston TV material on YT has become as scarce as markets like Ft. Myers or Madison. 

I'd completly forgotten that Florida's News Channel was a thing!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Tr3u_ND1bo

Same can be said for Wichita and his channel being terminated alone may hinder the ability for someone to make news open compilations for that market, especially when considering he had opens when KAKE used The News Image.

Edited by NESTLEH

I saw some videos of HoustonTVNews on dailymotion.com and had two Telemundo stations in Texas. One was a current one in Houston on KTMD 47 from 2010 and the other one was a former station from 2000 on KFWD 52 before they moved to KXTX 39 in 2002.

Merry Christmas from the staff of KBMT in 1985!

A couple years later, KBMT had switched packs to It's All Right Here — and we have the image song! (Also note a glimpse of the open they used with the WTMJ graphics.)

Edited by Ramona
  • Like 1