Classic Video Thread (pre-2008)

Jess

A full broadcast of CBWT's 6pm newscast in March 2005, during the time of the hybrid format of local news (with Krista Erickson) and Canada Now (with Ian Hanomansing) from Vancouver.

Edited by onthesea

8 hours ago, Info Junkie said:

WYFF from 1993!!!! 2 months later they would go JCBD.

And, I notice a longtime WCYB personality in the clip - Paul "PJ" Johnson. He is currently news anchor at WCYB in Bristol, but used to do sports at the station for a long time. When I saw that, I decided to share this one. Thanks for sharing, Info Junkie!!

• Thanks 1

While BigOPlaBax has a Jerry Fannin news tease from the early 1980s, bmboldt from YouTube has most of a KETV weekend newscast from 1983...with *NEWS INTRO*. I have to share this, because this is a surprise find. Not only is it a surprise find, but it also has the opening theme we have not heard before.

Go to 3:57:57 to see the news open; you're going to love this one, because of the theme.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KnoxvilleTVFan said:

While BigOPlaBax has a Jerry Fannin news tease from the early 1980s, bmboldt from YouTube has most of a KETV weekend newscast from 1983...with *NEWS INTRO*. I have to share this, because this is a surprise find. Not only is it a surprise find, but it also has the opening theme we have not heard before.

Go to 3:57:57 to see the news open; you're going to love this one, because of the theme.

Probably the quickest I ever hit the sub button.

ID Junkie has found a great station to bring forth.

I have to admit, the uniqueness of the talent that has gone in at KVOA is just crazy with a former Vegas anchor now at nights and former WWE announcer and color commentator (and now Podcast host) Sean Mooney in the mornings. Very different.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, 8Viewer said:

Did you see the open at 2:10:47 with "All the News"/KSNW 1985?

So THAT’s the theme!!!!

Also worth noting, a young Jim Morgan (when’s the NMSA gonna identify him?) on the VO.

Also KOLD’s gonna be tough for a compilation.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, bhratbrat said:

Sinclairs Dayton old building..has actually been abandoned a while. Hmmm

Always wondered what that building looked like inside. Back in the '80s it had a giant Proud "N" on the front when they were with NBC. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, TheRolyPoly said:

And left a large part of their history inside that building, you can see. Old tapes are still there!

Maybe they had transferred some of that already to another format? IDK-some stations clearly don't care. A shame to say the least.

4 hours ago, Info Junkie said:

Also KOLD’s gonna be tough for a compilation.

We don't even have a high-quality version of KOLD's early 90s logo. It didn't appear until either last year or this year. The earliest full open we have is from 1999.

9 hours ago, bhratbrat said:

Sinclairs Dayton old building..has actually been abandoned a while. Hmmm

Apparently the building was demolished only a few weeks after they filmed that: the tapes are apparently gone.

• Like 3