Classic Video Thread (pre-2008)

Jess

[quote name='RETWorldwide']A treat for the TVNT fans, before @SoFloTVClassics drops it! Happy Thanksgiving Weekend! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3M7SQ5Rrxd0 WPLG "Eyewitness News at 11pm" for Monday January 20, 1992 and WTVJ "Channel 4 News" Open for Wednesday July 10, 1991 (includes a Lottery Drawing)[/QUOTE] You got me - sid

13 minutes ago, PBC5NewsUnova said:

Tried to message him, but the site's not allowing me.

We've had a lot of permissions issues with the migration, so I'm pinging @Weeters to have this taken care of.

Not quite news, but people here will definitely appreciate the Ron Boltz voiceover on this close to a KTVU Giants telecast from 1987:

What you're about to see is a WMAZ special that aired 35 years ago this year. In 1983, WMAZ celebrated its 30th anniversary with a special hosted by executive editor Bill Tribble. Watch at the end, because it features clips of a local Headline News update aired on WCWB during that year and clips from a WGXA newscast (WCWB clip at 28:02 and WGXA clip with news open at 28:53).

NOTE: WGXA's first anchor team were Dave Nemeth and Donna Fowler who came from WTBS in Atlanta.

Edited by Ramona
(Put a space after a YT URL so the forum system catches the embed)

3 minutes ago, Ramona said:

That WCWB "set" and the news anchor's delivery is...not good. It seems like they used "Headline News" as an opportunity to refresh their brand from where they were in 1981, though.

"Welcome to a Tuesday, 28th day in the month of June...it's a Tuesday..."

I agree, but I will tell you that at least a year or two later in the mid 1980s, they became WMGT and their news branding became "41 Newswatch". 

1 minute ago, KnoxvilleTVFan said:

I agree, but I will tell you that at least a year or two later in the mid 1980s, they became WMGT and their news branding became "41 Newswatch". 

Even then, channel 41 seems to consistently put the middling in middle Georgia...

17 hours ago, Info Junkie said:

The guy who runs the channel, @NewsStar2, is on TVNT. Pinging him now, if he’s active.

I talked to Freddie (houstontvnews) on Facebook and he told me that his YT account was disabled. Too many videos flagged by NBCUniversal in a short amount of time. He'll be back soon.

• Like 2