Classic Video Thread (pre-2008)

Jess

Another of the few NBC stations that had the sports man billed as "on sports": WGAL Channel 8 (NBC Harrisburg/Lancaster/York, PA), circa 1989, for the late edition (which announcer Charlie Van Dyke billed as the "Late Report" of NewsCenter 8).

• Like 1

I thought this was too complex for me to do, but I've done it. While I'm still working on WVTM, I decided that while it would be delayed for a while, since the only 2018 open on YT is a cold open. WVTM would've been uploaded today, but instead of WVTM, in it's place for today is the modern-day powerhouse that is ABC 33/40 (WBMA-LD/WCFT (WSES)/WJSU (WGWW)) that is next for their compilation.

Edited by Guest
  • Like 4

I thought this was too complex for me to do, but I've done it. While I'm still working on WVTM, I decided that while it would be delayed for a while, since the only 2018 open on YT is a cold open. WVTM would've been uploaded today, but instead of WVTM, in it's place for today is the modern-day powerhouse that is ABC 33/40 (WBMA-LD/WCFT (WSES)/WJSU (WGWW)) that is next for their compilation.

Add this to your mix:

[quote name='Ramona']The open to the early edition of WCFT's 33 Eyewitness News for January 25, 1991 — the first open from this era to show up, and in 60fps no less: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMVx3sVDdGg[/QUOTE] @NESTLEH That awkward moment when a new newscast open gets posted days after you make a new compilation.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbb-WcK7M3w Greensboro, NC is next!
  • Like 1

It'll be interesting to see these news open montages for other markets.

Speaking of which, here is a montage of NBC/KPLC commercials from 1985. Included is a KPLC "SevenNews" intro from 1985 featuring Cynthia Arceneaux at the anchor desk along with an unknown theme being used in the news open.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=id=RdKNvmkg6zA;t=612