Classic Video Thread (pre-2008)

Jess

A closed-circuit preview of AM America, ABC's short-lived morning show, 1974:

[...] third co-host Bob Kennedy, plucked from a successful morning show on WLS, died not long after this was recorded, and before AM America would debut.

By sheer coincidence, FuzzyMemories.TV just posted the special WLS aired after Kennedy's death, narrated by anchorman Fahey Flynn

Edited by Guest
  • Like 1

Finally I get the chance to post something here again! I've been trying to jump in, but all the videos I've wanted to submit were taken by others!

Anyways, here's the intro to the ABC Saturday News (not to be confused with the ABC Weekend News which aired on stations after their late news or before sign-off) from May 20, 1978, taped off KVUE in Austin:

Edited by Guest
  • Like 5

Finally I get the chance to post something here again! I've been trying to jump in, but all the videos I've wanted to submit were taken by others!

Anyways, here's the intro to the ABC Saturday News (not to be confused with the ABC Weekend News which aired on stations after their late news or before sign-off) from May 20, 1978, taped off KVUE in Austin:

Since a hijacking in Paris was the lead story in that clip, here's that evening's national news from Antenne 2 in France:

• Like 1

I checked the first few seconds of the video and the ending of the KVUE news promo featured the final strands of TuesdayB by Tuesday Productions. So, KVUE must have used TuesdayB as their news theme at the time.

WCMH commercial break, 1996. Promos for News 4 at 11 and a station ID are included. I used to really like the version of the NBC chimes used in the station ID, and I think, at one point or another in the late 1990s all NBC stations used them in some form

• Like 1

Been awhile since I posted the maximum 5 videos onto here!

At last, we know where WJKS's 70's theme came from, in a ABC Evening News promo! And also in here is an NBC jingle which I think hasn't seen the light of day in over 45 years!:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=id=pMIgmNUwlTw;t=29

WANE's version of the NewsChannel campaign:

Two closes from two consequitve KNXV 6pm newscasts, just before they became ABC:

And the opening to WIVB's News 4 Update from May 25, 1989:

Edited by Guest
  • Like 3

From 1996, the launch promo for CNNfn, CNN's dedicated business channel; the service shut down in 2004:

Anyone recognize the voiceover guy? He did quite a few promos for CNN in the 1990s, but I later heard him doing political commercials for Republicans and various conservative causes.

• Like 2

A young and handsome 24-year-old Rodolfo Barili anchors this Telefe primetime update on Monday, April 13, 1998, where he also reads the lottery results. He wasn't the main anchor yet: he worked as a reporter/fill-in anchor, and took over the anchor chair in 2002 alongside Cristina Pérez.

Edited by Guest
  • Like 1

An almost complete (missing intro) edition of KTVU's The 10'OClock News from June 28, 1985:

Great find without the call letters in the Youtube title.

First time pretty much all of the closing music has been found in the clear. That lasted I think from around 1980 until just a few months after this clip. They updated the music a touch when they introduced a new set later in the year - but that music update only lasted about a year and a half before Kevin O'Brien the legendary GM came on board and commissioned the classic 1987 theme and 3D SF Bay open.

Someone get this to NMSA in case it's taken down.

Edited by Guest
  • Like 5