Classic Video Thread (pre-2008)

Jess

[QUOTE="Info Junkie, post: 219224, member: 3593"]WRDQ will be in a separate compilation. They had more than WKCF anyways, I found out. After Pittsburgh/Orlando I might do Fort Myers, rounding out all the major markets in Florida. I still want that WINK 1993-95 open that got uncovered on this thread, if anyone can find it please send it to me. I also chose Fort Myers because it’s one of the only markets nowadays that has all of its “Big Three” stations owned by local companies. Though hopefully WBBH/WZVN don’t get gobbled by another company since Bernie Waterman passed on... And speaking of Pittsburgh, KDKA has a mean history of pulling off any videos related to them on YouTube, so I’ll have to be wary of that...[/QUOTE] @Info Junkie Thank you and you're welcome. As for Fort Myers, the only other station that is not locally-owned would be WFTX, as it's owned by Scripps.

And speaking of Pittsburgh, KDKA has a mean history of pulling off any videos related to them on YouTube, so I’ll have to be wary of that...

Be careful. I re-posted my KDKA videos last year under my brother's account, luckily there still up there for now. I'd love to see some pre-1985 Eyewitness News intros. One promo had a brief glimpse of what appears to be an early 80s/late 70s news open.

The frequency's definitely increased lately, primarily onthesea with Argentina clips.

I personally don't mind Canada or some Australia — there's enough US similarity that those go here. (And you know I'm a hound for vintage Spanish-language material from the US and Puerto Rico.) It might be time to move the "International YouTube Findings" from the International board over here, where it could see more activity.

• Like 3

The frequency's definitely increased lately, primarily onthesea with Argentina clips.

I personally don't mind Canada or some Australia — there's enough US similarity that those go here. (And you know I'm a hound for vintage Spanish-language material from the US and Puerto Rico.) It might be time to move the "International YouTube Findings" from the International board over here, where it could see more activity.

I'm surprised we're not really sharing Brazil clips, what with their SBT doing Brazillian versions of US network graphics and campaigns.

• Like 3

WNJU posted a video detailing the history of Noticiero 47. Enjoy the rare footage!

https://www.telemundo47.com/noticias/local/Telemundo-47_-desde-sus-inicios-a-la-actualidad_TLMD---Nueva-York-493354331.html

That video actually was produced and originally aired in 2003 when WNJU was on the move from their old facilities in Teterboro, NJ to their current facilities in Fort Lee, NJ, which formerly housed CNBC, which in turn moved to their then new facilities in Englewood Cliffs, NJ

WJW TV 8 1984 news blooper

I remember that clip from the 2004 NBC special The Most Outrageous Live TV Moments. I think in another edition of that special there was another WJW blooper featuring earpiece audio of Vince Cellini being overheard telling Dan Coughlin as he's set to do a live shot, "Danny, get your finger out of your ass and start talking" (although, "ass" was bleeped out).

Be careful. I re-posted my KDKA videos last year under my brother's account, luckily there still up there for now. I'd love to see some pre-1985 Eyewitness News intros. One promo had a brief glimpse of what appears to be an early 80s/late 70s news open.

Here it is!

I’ve saved this video to my drive so I can re-post if it gets pulled.

• Like 4