Classic Video Thread (pre-2008)

Jess

On YouTube, you never know what you'll find. Back in 1988, Gregg Jarrett (now of FOX News) worked for WKFT-TV, the independent station serving Raleigh, Durham and Fayetteville, North Carolina. He was the news anchor for the station's 10pm news.

Here is a tease that aired one hour before the newscast aired. This one features an unknown theme. Please note that this was uploaded nine years ago.

• Like 3

On YouTube, you never know what you'll find. Back in 1988, Gregg Jarrett (now of FOX News) worked for WKFT-TV, the independent station serving Raleigh, Durham and Fayetteville, North Carolina. He was the news anchor for the station's 10pm news.

Here is a tease that aired one hour before the newscast aired. This one features an unknown theme. Please note that this was uploaded nine years ago.

My favorite thing about this? CounterForce 40!

Not sure what it's supposed to mean but I like it

• Like 1

FYI, in case you see an unfamiliar name in your subscriptions, the increasingly popular "Rick Thomas" YouTube account has rebranded as "Obsolete Video."

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCt2UipISexd0yg9VoNrxDhQ/

'Rick Thomas' should build an exhibit based off his collection, his channel has been worthy of a museum. Legit. I'll pay any to get in.

• Like 2

Now Ken Owen has videos for every major Indiana market, he just uploaded some clips from Evansville:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTL1hdUUst4

Ken Owen is possibly one of my most favorite news anchors ever. That’s a good find right there.

To North Carolina we go - the heart of it, actually.

• Like 5

The news broke late the night before, so full coverage began bright and early on Monday the 8th. I'd assume this was the main open at 7am, but the network had actually been on the air earlier for what would be a scrubbed space shuttle landing. I remember it like it was yesterday.

13 years ago, this morning...

• Like 4

Possibly inspired by YT compilations on my channel and that of The ID Junkie, DMA37Dude has decided to create news open compilations, but is focusing solely on his home market of San Antonio. (He asks that no requests for other markets be given.) I don't know if he'll include KVDA and KWEX among the stations he'll focus on, or just the Big Four outlets. First up, WOAI-TV:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjAMHaSE2CY

• Like 2

Another video from the day after Peter Jennings' death. This one, however, comes from my personal archives. The tape was a little damaged over the years, but this might be the first in a series of uploads from all my stored tapes.

• Like 2

Possibly inspired by YT compilations on my channel and that of The ID Junkie, DMA37Dude has decided to create news open compilations, but is focusing solely on his home market of San Antonio. (He asks that no requests for other markets be given.) I don't know if he'll include KVDA and KWEX among the stations he'll focus on, or just the Big Four outlets. First up, WOAI-TV:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjAMHaSE2CY

Is he actually doing the other three stations? Because I was planning on doing San Antonio for my second go-round after I dig through NewsActive3’s channel.

I sure wish I could see the first-gen (~1992) News Series 2000+ opens again. phillyvideofan had it up years ago before his channel was suspended.

Were those opens the same as this but without Cool Hand Luke?

• Like 1

Is he actually doing the other three stations? Because I was planning on doing San Antonio for my second go-round after I dig through NewsActive3’s channel.

He said so in the description. That doesn't mean you can't do your own take, although take note it appears that there are multiple versions of the same exact open (with no variancies in stock imagery and/or voiceover) in some cases in DMA37dude's compilation, so anyone else's version may require some sort of clip sorting to reduce redundancy with another clip in the same compilation.

• Like 4