Classic Video Thread (pre-2008)

Jess

A long closer for Canal 9's noon news from January 1996, anchored by Cristina Pérez (before moving to Telefe) and Guillermo Andino (before joining América 2).

The guy who composed the theme (Luis Reales) was listed in the credits!

• Like 2

Rare commercial clips from WITN in 1997:

Includes promos for weathercaster Steve Hawley at 3:11 and sports with Trey Jones at 12:46.

They were using that same "Business Break" graphic with Network Music's "Bright Expectations"

• Like 2

[QUOTE="Info Junkie, post: 211002, member: 3593"]@Ramona Going back on what you said about WPXI possibly debuting Newsmat in ‘85 is now plausible. This Steelers video from 1984 still shows WPXI with their old logo: [URL]http://www.mcmillenandwife.com/1984_Steelers_35_vs_Oilers_7.html[/URL] Sticking with ‘PXI, this 2 hour Steelers Video On Facebook includes some promos for Channel 11 mixed in, as well as then-weekend sportscaster Randy Waters hosting “Steelers 5th Quarter”. Interestingly, his second stop after WPXI was another channel 11, this time being WXIA in Atlanta. https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=id=1297900003626494;type=video[/QUOTE] The McMillen and Wife Steelers fansite has TONS of videos! (Pray the NFL doesn’t shut them down). If anyone wants to see vintage WIIC and WPXI clips there are many of them as WIIC/WPXI was the Steelers flagship TV station for many years as they locally televised all of their preseason games until 1998 with a short stint on WTAE from 1985-89. In fact I just watched a 1981 preseason game and at halftime they had an ad for their new 5:30 News with a young Roxanne Stein and then a news update with Midge Hill at the 29:00 mark. [URL]http://www.mcmillenandwife.com/1981_Steelers_31_vs_Giants_6_pre.html[/URL]
  • Like 1

Recently found this WSOC open at 44:11 in this NewsActive3 compilation. It has the same graphics as KNTV’s open from the era (this is the Bob Perry open on the NMSA).

I'm more familiar with him as the voice of Showtime in the early 80s:

The McMillen and Wife Steelers fansite has TONS of videos! (Pray the NFL doesn’t shut them down). If anyone wants to see vintage WIIC and WPXI clips there are many of them as WIIC/WPXI was the Steelers flagship TV station for many years as they locally televised all of their preseason games. In fact I just watched a 1981 preseason game and at halftime they had an ad for their new 5:30 News with a young Roxanne Stein and then a news update with Midge Hill at the 29:00 mark.

http://www.mcmillenandwife.com/1981_Steelers_31_vs_Giants_6_pre.html

Speaking of that, I just watched a 1984 Steelers game from December and saw a promo similar to KOCO’s “How will you know...” for Channel 11 News. And yes, they had that name in ‘84, but the logo hasn’t changed yet.

Uploading that clip to my channel...

• Like 1

Speaking of that, I just watched a 1984 Steelers game from December and saw a promo similar to KOCO’s “How will you know...” for Channel 11 News. And yes, they had that name in ‘84, but the logo hasn’t changed yet.

• Like 2

"How will you know" was licensed to stations by Metromedia....I have never seen any of the MM stations use it, however I have seen the promos used by In addition to KOCO, fellow Gannett station KPNX, WPXI ,

WTVF, and WNDU.

• Like 1

I’ve always been a fan of @T.L. Hughes’s news open compilations on YouTube and I thought I’d start doing them myself. To start I’ve filled in gaps for the Tulsa market with KTUL.

Oh you should! T.L. Hughes hasn't uploaded a compilation in a longtime.

• Like 2

Oh you should! T.L. Hughes hasn't uploaded a compilation in a longtime.

Here's why I haven't uploaded news open compilations in the last two years. I used Wondershare Video Converter to edit and publish the videos; the application, however, was increasingly having audio/video syncing issues during the publishing process, which is why some of the later uploads and re-uploads had audio that was a few seconds off.

My laptop's hard drive also crashed last December, and has been in the hands of a friend of a neighbor of mine (the latter of whom referred me to him to get it fixed) for repairs since then. Hopefully, I'll be able to get it back sometime this summer, and if a reinstalled Wondershare cooperates or I can find a similar video converter software that can sync video and audio properly, I'll add new compilation uploads to the YouTube channel.

• Like 4

Here's why I haven't uploaded news open compilations in the last two years. I used Wondershare Video Converter to edit and publish the videos; the application, however, was increasingly having audio/video syncing issues during the publishing process, which is why some of the later uploads and re-uploads had audio that was a few seconds off.

My laptop's hard drive also crashed last December, and has been in the hands of a friend of a neighbor of mine (the latter of whom referred me to him to get it fixed) for repairs since then. Hopefully, I'll be able to get it back sometime this summer, and if a reinstalled Wondershare cooperates or I can find a similar video converter software that can sync video and audio properly, I'll add new compilation uploads to the YouTube channel.

You should update your compilations once you get the chance. Nearly all of the videos you have currently use new opens by now.

• Like 3

Next batch from KJRH!

If you’re wondering how I make these compilations I use screen recorder on my iPhone. Then I put the clips together on iMovie and edit them down, pretty easy. Though it is annoying when some videos’ volumes don’t work, or when notifications keep popping up while you’re recording...

Also I’m planning on targeting other areas too, like Baltimore, Minneapolis-St. Paul, and even Phoenix, which I’m sure will grab @Ramona’s attention...

• Like 4

Next batch from KJRH!

If you’re wondering how I make these compilations I use screen recorder on my iPhone. Then I put the clips together on iMovie and edit them down, pretty easy. Though it is annoying when some videos’ volumes don’t work, or when notifications keep popping up while you’re recording...

Also I’m planning on targeting other areas too, like Baltimore, Minneapolis-St. Paul, and even Phoenix, which I’m sure will grab @Ramona’s attention...

Noticed that one, and the one from WMAR as well-- keep up the good work!