Classic Video Thread (pre-2008)

Jess

Here is a partial WCMH noon newscast from 1998.

What happened to Clark Powell? I know he became a station correspondent for NBC News after NBC bought WCMH, but is he still in television? And his co-anchor... Holly Hollingsworth. She was one of the first employees let go post-sale.

• Like 1

Yeah, sort of.

Who is Paul Anthony?

Edit: Ah, I figured it out again. /embarrassing

If you live in Washington D.C. you’ll immediately recognize him. He did weather at WUSA back in the 80s as well as being the main spokesperson and host for WETA programs.

Here’s a WNYT report on the “Albany River Rats” in 2007. Fun fact: I visited one of their games in 2009, a year before the team left Albany.

• Like 1

A complete episode of the partially-retooled 20/20 from August, 1979. Hugh Downs is host, but the set, theme and graphics are held over from the craptacular original concept. That open is amazing, and I love the theme song. A few 10pm promos for WLS are sprinkled in, as well.

• Like 3

It's in B&W (it came from the Vandy archives), but nonetheless, here is a great edition of NBC Nightly News from February 22, 1979, which features a young Chris Wallace (with a moustache!) on the HOR begining televised sessions, and a final story on the election of future MST3K producer Jim Mallon to the Uniersity of Wisconsin student government!

• Like 5

Anytime i find a 90's open of the KTLA Morning News...

I'm required to post it here. And how it brings back so many wonderful memories of my childhood watching this before school..

The Music.. The Open.. Carlos, Barbara... Its everything about growing up in SoCal in the 90's.

• Like 8

Claire Chazal, a longtime presenter of TF1's weekend newscasts, had a stint with rival France 2 (then Antenne 2) on the late 1980s. Here you'll see her anchoring a morning update during Télématin.

• Like 1

25+ minutes of coverage of the 1978 World Series from New York TV stations WCBS, WNBC, WNEW, WABC, and WPIX. Includes cameos from pretty much every New York TV sports anchor of the time. Plus John Tesh, Larry Kane and Chuck Scarborough.

• Like 5