Classic Video Thread (pre-2008)

Jess

Hi, my name is Ryan. I have been lurking around this site for a while. Always good to see the posts on the Classic Video Thread.

Here's my first contribution, something very rare: segments of NewsWatch circa 1978 on Kanlaon Broadcasting System (KBS) in the Philippines (later RPN, today known on-air as CNN Philippines), presented by Ramon Imperial (no open or anything else, unfortunately).

• Like 1

I made it to 250 posts! And at least half of them was on this thread!

The last few minutes of the other Pro News in Texas, KVIA-TV from April of 1982, along with the first minutes of their PM Magazine franchise, using a short version of the 1979 intro:

A YT user looks back at the tornados that hit KOCO-TV 20 years ago this June, including clips of interviews with staff:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZ1EIg2opHo

A clean intro to KNXT's news from 1975, one of the first, if not the first, CGI news intros:

A documentary on BFBS from the early 80s:

• Like 4

Don't know if this WEAR 1999 newscast has been posted up in here. I still love this theme and to me its kind of great in a way (but now it kind of stinks with Sinclair also owning WPMI)..but they have been very unique until the Sinclair acquisition.

• Like 3

KMGH in 1985 (60fps!) with coverage of a flash flood in Cheyenne, Wyoming. The open is clipped but it's a nearly full half hour with a young Harry Smith, the Welch Newsmat look and set, and a fantastic close:

Great looking set. Also near the end, the first bulletin of news about the crash of Delta 191 - about 15 minutes after it happened.

• Like 1