Classic Video Thread (pre-2008)

Jess

Anyone love a good reboot? See what WBZ did with "One4All". Complete with well at the end you will see it.

Holy crap that is really awesome. They picked the right promo to redo - One 4 All is one of my favorite promos ever to begin with - and they completely nailed the execution.

They actually posted a story on their website about the reshoot. It's a must-read:

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2018/03/26/wbz-one-4-all-promo-remake/

• Like 6

Holy crap that is really awesome. They picked the right promo to redo - One 4 All is one of my favorite promos ever to begin with - and they completely nailed the execution.

They actually posted a story on their website about the reshoot. It's a must-read:

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2018/03/26/wbz-one-4-all-promo-remake/

"Many thanks to WBZ-TV Creative Services Director Peter Masucci who dreamed up the idea; to Promotions guru Sean Barnacoat who produced it; to photographer Sean Collins who shot every scene; and to editor Michael Ruzicka who spent hours bringing this together."

Make sure you add comments in the bottom of the article to express appreciation. Amazed the archives even still exist, let alone they spend months producing it. My favorite detail is how they managed to get a sales guy who looks just like the old fisherman.

• Like 7

Anyone love a good reboot? See what WBZ did with "One4All". Complete with well at the end you will see it.

This isn't just a home run. This is a bottom of the 9th World Series Game 7 walk of grand slam!

Excellent work on the part of WBZ.

• Like 3

It's the KWWL News at 6 from the summer of 1994:

The theme is heard in full at 8:41 and 18:32 — what is it from? Also several KWWL promos voiced by That Guy™.

For the summer of '94, an EMAIL in the close is way cool!

• Like 2

It's the KWWL News at 6 from the summer of 1994:

The theme is heard in full at 8:41 and 18:32 — what is it from? Also several KWWL promos voiced by That Guy™.

For the summer of '94, an EMAIL in the close is way cool!

Is that the Wow & Flutter theme? There is an ID toward the end that sounds like "Newschannel" but the rest doesn't sound like it.

It's not a newscast, but one listen should explain why I put it here...

You put this here because of Stephen Arnold's Wall to Wall News.

PD: I didn't know that WQTV broadcasted baseball games. I imagined it as a smaller station.

PD: I didn't know that WQTV broadcasted baseball games. I imagined it as a smaller station.

WABU, which was owned by Boston University, had rights to the Sox after TV38 gave them up due to network obligations to UPN.

• Like 3

This was during its stint as WABU in the 90s. It managed to lure the Red Sox away from WSBK for three seasons (1996 through 1998). It was actually showing some promise as a well-built independent (it even had newsbreaks from its own news department) before Pax came calling.

Here's an earlier 68 Sports Night from 1997:

• Like 2

Also, this...

That’s “The Ticket”, isn’t it?

Holy moly, The Ticket might be the most misunderstood package ever. I'm still not quite sure what it came from, exactly.

My personal suspicion, especially after giving it a full listen, is that it emerged from Arnold's work for LIN Productions and the Texas Rangers network in the late 90s:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=id=euTEWR2r7WY;t=1353

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=id=ps7Im4u8238;t=3131

Also, WLAJ 2001 is the cut at 0:57 in the NMSA sample of that package.

• Like 2

Lots of rare New York TV potpourri from the same channel that had the 1979 WNBC sign off!

A complete episode of WNEW-TV's Midday Live with Bill Boggs from February 27, 1978:

WABC's Good Morning New York (which would later evolve into The Morning Show and then Live with Regis and Kathie Lee) from April 29, 1982:

WOR-TV's womens talk show Straight Talk from April 11, 1980:

WCBS-TV's public affairs program On Your Side with John Stossel (long before he bacame a libertarian and one of Trump's defenders on TV) from February 1979:

You know this channels a keeper when you find something like this, half of an episode of NBC's Monitor newsmagazine from March 1983:

The original recorder may have been a doctor, as several of his uploads have to do with the subject of infertility and frozen sperm and eggs.

• Like 2