Classic Video Thread (pre-2008)

Jess

WJXX opens from the day they were bought by Gannett in 2000, and started simulcasting WTLV. Kind of cheap-looking.

They had to scrub out so much of WTLV's news identity for the simulcast (NBC chimes and peacock especially) and were in a transitional phase.

• Like 4

WJXX opens from the day they were bought by Gannett in 2000, and started simulcasting WTLV. Kind of cheap-looking.

I can see pixelation in the opens and a legal ID mentioning WTLV instead of WJXX, probably because it was meant to be very temporary. I also saw an Allbritton-era WJXX ID at the beginning of the video.

Speaking of Gannett:

Have you knew before that the 1990s version of the Deathstar was used on WKYC, KVUE (owned by Belo from 1999-2013), WTLV, and WMAZ?

I still can't find a video of KXTV's Deathstar or KPNX's use of the 2000s version of the Deathstar ID (also used on KUSA and WUSA).

• Like 2

Now as for telemundo central florida?

No Both Telemundo Stations in Orlando and Tampa are separated than the Univision Florida Central which recently sorta separated of their names but shares stories from Tampa and Orlando to each other’s Newscast.

• Like 3

Time for KAMR Action News 4 in 1989. The theme is custom. A bumper, 30-second image theme "Channel 4, People Like You" and news theme are included.

Is this a second KAMR Peters package?

I listened to this a bunch of times; it sounds a lot like Tuesday to me. Them and Peters were both in San Diego, so there may have been some overlap in terms of the musicians they used.

A WTEN interview from idk when (definitely pre-2005, according to research Ryan Nobles was there from 2003 to 2005).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7OQqUpodMs

And Beau Weaver tells us what’s coming up next on WGN News at Nine (at least he doesn’t do this at the beginning of the newscast like KDVR!!!)

WLS, Chicago; 10 p.m. (excerpts, including the close), 1971 -- a rare clip from the Flynn-Daly (Eyewitness) News-branded era:

Holy crap. Never thought I'd see the day that something pre-1976 saw the light of day.

• Like 1